Tesla plans production of up to 500,000 upa at new German plant
Tesla has stated that it intends for its planned German plant to have an eventual built capacity of 500,000 units, according to an Automotive News Europe (ANE) report. The company made its long-term plans clear through a public notice published through the German state of Brandenburg in which Tesla is locating the new facility, near the site of Berlin's new airport.
Significance: Tesla is initially planning to build the Model 3 and the forthcoming Model Y at the plant, which is due to open in July 2021, according to previous statements by the company. The notice also stated that the site would house a press shop, foundry, body shop, paint shop, seat production, plastics production, battery production, drivetrain production, and final assembly. In addition, Tesla is planning to install a research and development (R&D) facility and a design studio at the site. Tesla is initially expected to employ more than 3,000 people at the site, with the number eventually rising to 8,000. IHS Markit's current forecast for the facility sees 500,000 as quite a long-term goal, with the highest output figure at the facility forecast at 151,000 unit within our current forecast horizon.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q1 2022
- May 2022 production forecast sees variations from region to region
- The Shift to Utility: Part I – May 2022
- A Tale of Three Industries: A review of registration and migration patterns in the US new vehicle industry
- Fuel For Thought - Pace of Change: Energy and mobility, climate and innovation
- Global Auto Production Forecast Downgraded Further for 2022
- How autonomous trucks will transform landscape of logistics industry
- China sets green hydrogen production target in national development plan
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
The global auto industry continues to navigate a challenging supply chain environment as well as lingering COVID-19… https://t.co/Z5fAb0yo7i
What is Polk Automotive Solutions doing to help transform automotive retailing? Find out on Monday, May 23rd at th… https://t.co/sk9pvjeYZM