The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan, Askar Mamin’s website cited a visit to the start of the construction of the Aytra… https://t.co/r8IGreOcXt
Video: Technology Innovations - Crude Oil to Chemicals
A revolutionary new chemical process technology, called crude oil-to-chemicals (COTC), could more than double the profitability derived from a barrel of crude oil, according to a new, independent economic assessment from IHS Markit Process and Economics Program (PEP).
What is crude oil to chemicals?
Crude to chemicals refers to several recently announced projects with the aim to convert the maximum percentage per barrel of oil to chemicals. And these projects, typically, based on the announced projects, converts 40 to 60 percent per barrel of oil compared to the traditional well integrated refinery petrochemical complex which only converts about 20 percent per barrel oil to chemical; So this is a huge jump. That means [with] a project you can produce at least double amount of the chemicals. So, this is going to have a huge impact in terms of global petrochemical production in the future
Download a sneak peak to five essential relevant reports/reviews as a part of our continuing technology and economics PEP offering on COTC.
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma
- Enterprise Ethylene Futures Contract Opens on CME; Hub Links to Global Market
- Circular Plastics - Anticipating Disruptions
- Structural shift to renewable diesel brings accelerated growth in the North America market
- Turbulence in Polyolefins Trade Flow Patterns
- Tom Stoppard, the legendary British playwright, and Petrochemical Process Technology?