Video: Technology Innovations - Crude Oil to Chemicals
A revolutionary new chemical process technology, called crude oil-to-chemicals (COTC), could more than double the profitability derived from a barrel of crude oil, according to a new, independent economic assessment from IHS Markit Process and Economics Program (PEP).
What is crude oil to chemicals?
Crude to chemicals refers to several recently announced projects with the aim to convert the maximum percentage per barrel of oil to chemicals. And these projects, typically, based on the announced projects, converts 40 to 60 percent per barrel of oil compared to the traditional well integrated refinery petrochemical complex which only converts about 20 percent per barrel oil to chemical; So this is a huge jump. That means [with] a project you can produce at least double amount of the chemicals. So, this is going to have a huge impact in terms of global petrochemical production in the future
Download a sneak peak to five essential relevant reports/reviews as a part of our continuing technology and economics PEP offering on COTC.
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
- Specialty Fibers Shaping the Future
- Impact of Brexit Uncertainty on the Imports of Polyester and Nylon Fibers in the United Kingdom
- Is chemical recycling a game changer?
- The new silk road
- Sustainability’s impact on the global soda ash market
Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) and Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA) have experienced 2-3 years of supply constraints and h… https://t.co/C4TJqpyyNL