OCI NV and the Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (Adnoc) today announced plans to merge their respective fertilizer operat… https://t.co/uJ2vo2AGQA
Video: Technology Innovations - Crude Oil to Chemicals
A revolutionary new chemical process technology, called crude oil-to-chemicals (COTC), could more than double the profitability derived from a barrel of crude oil, according to a new, independent economic assessment from IHS Markit Process and Economics Program (PEP).
What is crude oil to chemicals?
Crude to chemicals refers to several recently announced projects with the aim to convert the maximum percentage per barrel of oil to chemicals. And these projects, typically, based on the announced projects, converts 40 to 60 percent per barrel of oil compared to the traditional well integrated refinery petrochemical complex which only converts about 20 percent per barrel oil to chemical; So this is a huge jump. That means [with] a project you can produce at least double amount of the chemicals. So, this is going to have a huge impact in terms of global petrochemical production in the future
Download a sneak peak to five essential relevant reports/reviews as a part of our continuing technology and economics PEP offering on COTC.
- Plastics, Profits, and Purpose
- Video: Growth of the Fertilizer Industry
- Video: Growth of the Hydrogen Market
- IHS Markit Company Strategies and Performance Earnings Podcast
- Video: Growth in the Global Aromatics Market
- Sinopec signs agreement to take stake in Amur petchems project in Russia
- BASF launches sale process for construction chemical business
- Video: Hot Topics in the Global Methanol Market