Petrochemical industry earnings in 2019 reflect a slower pace of global growth. Read more about the impact & then l… https://t.co/7BqqgwqGLA
Specialty Fibers Shaping the Future
High performance organic fibers are generally characterized by
their outstanding tensile strength and stiffness, as well as
resistance to heat, fire, and chemical agents that normally degrade
conventional fibers. Applications include use in aerospace,
biomedical, civil engineering, construction, protective apparel,
geotextiles, and electronics.
Carbon fibers are used primarily as reinforcing agents in high-performance composites with synthetic resin matrices such as epoxies, polyimides, vinyl esters, phenolics, and certain thermoplastics. Major advances in technology and processing have dramatically expanded the demand for high-performance carbon fibers. The introduction of higher-volume and lower-cost fibers and gains in productivity have reduced the manufacturing costs of carbon fibers.
With 20+ types of specialty fibers and a $14 Billion market share, what is the world production breakdown of specialty organic fibers?
In this market, you need to have visibility into which regions of the world are adding new production capacity, which market segments will grow in which region, and what does regional consumption look like.
IHS Markit CEH Specialty Organic Fibers and CEH Carbon Fibers reports provide insight on facts, trends, and driving forces influencing the future dynamic of the market.
- Saudi Aramco: the company to watch
- Podcast: December Lithium Market Outlook
- Video: With the right chemical strategy, you are still in the game.
- Styrene: The calm before the storm
- Podcast: November Lithium Market Outlook
- Key Strategic Issues Impacting the Global Ethylene Markets
- Video: Chemical Strategic Vision for 2020 and Beyond
- Beyond soybeans: The ripple effect of US-China trade tariffs on agribusiness