Specialty Chemicals Market Overview
The global specialty chemicals industry stood at almost $600
billion in 2018. Specialty polymers, industrial and institutional
cleaners, electronic chemicals, surfactants, and flavors and
fragrances were the largest sectors. Specialty chemicals are
consumed in a wide variety of end use industries and growth is very
much dependent on the health of the economy.
China is the largest market for specialty chemicals and will continue to advance the growth of the global specialty chemicals industry over the next five years.
The Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry from IHS Markit provides a high-level look into the status of the industry in 2018, highlight events influencing the markets, and provides an outlook by market and geography through 2023.
- Podcast: COVID-19 impacting supply of CO2
- Changes in Phenol and Acetone Demand
- Changing course: Plastics, carbon and the transition to circularity
- Factors impacting global fiber demand and growth
- COVID-19 Impact on C4s and Rubbers
- Biojet for aviation – A growth story for the 2020s?
- Podcast: Lithium February Market Outlook
- Assessing the sustainability and performance of green surfactants