Specialty Chemicals Market Overview
The global specialty chemicals industry stood at almost $600
billion in 2018. Specialty polymers, industrial and institutional
cleaners, electronic chemicals, surfactants, and flavors and
fragrances were the largest sectors. Specialty chemicals are
consumed in a wide variety of end use industries and growth is very
much dependent on the health of the economy.
China is the largest market for specialty chemicals and will continue to advance the growth of the global specialty chemicals industry over the next five years.
The Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry from IHS Markit provides a high-level look into the status of the industry in 2018, highlight events influencing the markets, and provides an outlook by market and geography through 2023.
- Plastic waste management: Overview of major steps taken globally
- Display Technologies to determine consumption of display materials in the medium term
- Top disruptors that can transform specialty chemicals
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Global propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale