As the markets evolve, so do we. That’s why IHS Markit Energy & Natural Resources and S&P Global Platts merged to f… https://t.co/iUFrRcgfHE
Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry by Aida Jebens
Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry
Published July 2017
Specialty chemicals are produced by a complex, interlinked industry. In the strictest sense, specialty chemicals are chemical products that are sold on the basis of their performance or function, rather than their composition. They can be single-chemical entities or formulations whose composition sharply influences the performance and processing of the customer's product. Products and services in the specialty chemicals industry require intensive knowledge and ongoing innovation.
Commodity chemicals, on the other hand, are sold strictly on the basis of their chemical composition. They are single chemical entities. The commodity chemical product of one supplier is generally readily interchangeable with that of any other.
This report covers 29 specialty chemical segments, which are categorized either as market-oriented products (used by a specific industry or market, such as electronic chemicals or oil field chemicals) or functional products (groups of products that serve the same function, such as adhesives, antioxidants, or biocides).
- Display Technologies to determine consumption of display materials in the medium term
- Top disruptors that can transform specialty chemicals
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma