Petrochemical industry earnings in 2019 reflect a slower pace of global growth. Read more about the impact & then l… https://t.co/7BqqgwqGLA
Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry by Aida Jebens
Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry
Published July 2017
Specialty chemicals are produced by a complex, interlinked industry. In the strictest sense, specialty chemicals are chemical products that are sold on the basis of their performance or function, rather than their composition. They can be single-chemical entities or formulations whose composition sharply influences the performance and processing of the customer's product. Products and services in the specialty chemicals industry require intensive knowledge and ongoing innovation.
Commodity chemicals, on the other hand, are sold strictly on the basis of their chemical composition. They are single chemical entities. The commodity chemical product of one supplier is generally readily interchangeable with that of any other.
This report covers 29 specialty chemical segments, which are categorized either as market-oriented products (used by a specific industry or market, such as electronic chemicals or oil field chemicals) or functional products (groups of products that serve the same function, such as adhesives, antioxidants, or biocides).
- Saudi Aramco: the company to watch
- Podcast: December Lithium Market Outlook
- Video: With the right chemical strategy, you are still in the game.
- Styrene: The calm before the storm
- Podcast: November Lithium Market Outlook
- Key Strategic Issues Impacting the Global Ethylene Markets
- Video: Chemical Strategic Vision for 2020 and Beyond
- Beyond soybeans: The ripple effect of US-China trade tariffs on agribusiness