WSA 2020 is going online! The 2020 World Soda Ash Conference (WSA) will take place on 10-13 November. Gain the late… https://t.co/TT4gsZKHjP
Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry by Aida Jebens
Overview of the Specialty Chemicals Industry
Published July 2017
Specialty chemicals are produced by a complex, interlinked industry. In the strictest sense, specialty chemicals are chemical products that are sold on the basis of their performance or function, rather than their composition. They can be single-chemical entities or formulations whose composition sharply influences the performance and processing of the customer's product. Products and services in the specialty chemicals industry require intensive knowledge and ongoing innovation.
Commodity chemicals, on the other hand, are sold strictly on the basis of their chemical composition. They are single chemical entities. The commodity chemical product of one supplier is generally readily interchangeable with that of any other.
This report covers 29 specialty chemical segments, which are categorized either as market-oriented products (used by a specific industry or market, such as electronic chemicals or oil field chemicals) or functional products (groups of products that serve the same function, such as adhesives, antioxidants, or biocides).
- The Near-Term Reduction of the North American Advantage for Polyethylene
- How is polymer demand impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Middle East Dilemma
- Impact of Covid-19 and low oil pricing on global chemical markets
- Basic Chemicals - The Curve is Already Flattened!
- Podcast: Olefins Weekly Wrap-Up April 24
- Impact of plastics recycling on the future of energy transition
- Podcast: Olefins Weekly Wrap-Up