Special Report on South Korea: New Valuation Rules for Private Equity Funds
In April 2020 the South Korean supervisory authorities (FSC and FSS) released new measures to improve the regulatory framework for private equity funds and investors in private equity. The measures come on the heels of two major investment scandals in the last year that undermined consumer trust - the derivative-linked funds crisis and the Lime Asset Management fiasco - resulting in large scale redemption delays. In this special report we examine the factors that ultimately led to government intervention, the implications for asset managers in light of the new valuation guidance for 'non-marketable assets', and how these valuation measures compare with international best practice.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: August 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 10 August 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 7 August 2020
- SEC’s 13F Proposal – Issuer and Investor Analysis
- Securities Finance: July 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 6 August 2020
- IHS Markit Credit Index Volumes H1 2020
- Vendor Assessments Meet Location Risk
Which issuers and investors will be most affected by the SEC’s proposal to increase the 13F threshold to $3.5B? Dis… https://t.co/UKslPvikv2
As global supply chains become increasingly complex, it is more important than ever to incorporate location risk in… https://t.co/AGIbLCp7LP