[3/3] Tim Vallin, VP, Technology is currently Chair of Pride at IHS Markit LGBT+ network & a member of the firm's d… https://t.co/eLF03e534o
Special Report: Agrow Bioformulations 2020
Author: Jim Bullock & David Calvert | Number of pages: 171 | PDF Report |
There is little doubt that the market for biocontrol products in
agriculture has increased dramatically over the last few years and
will continue to do so over the foreseeable future. Whilst
definitions make it difficult to get to precise figures, it is
estimated that sales of biocontrol products increased from US$ 0.1
billion in 1993 to around US$ 3 billion in 2016, with a projection
of sales of nearly US$ 5 billion in 2020.
The drivers behind the growth forecast for this sector are:
- Increased Pesticide Resistance
With the increasing use of pesticides, many crops and target pests have developed resistance to traditional pesticides. Strategies to counter this have included pesticide mixtures, rotations but also the inclusion of more natural crop control methods and the use of integrated pest management (IPM).
- Consumer Perception
In Europe particularly, there is a negative perception from the public of "chemicals" and pesticides and any products which make a claim to be natural are regarded as being "better" and "safer".
- Increased Focus by Regulators/Governments on "Synthetic
Many of the traditional products for crop protection need their approvals renewing and the regulators are now being increasingly wary of renewing approvals.
For contents pages, executive summary and sample pages:
- Webcast: Expectations from Washington DC on A Trade and Policy Landscape
- Outlook 2021: A critical year for the European Commission’s plan for a sustainable food system
- OUTLOOK 2021: Assessing the Washington policy landscape
- Webcast: January WASDE Report Expectations from IHS Markit Food and Agricultural Commodities
- The World's Top 40 Ammonia Buyers
- Top 20 Animal Health Products
- Fully Soluble Fertilizers Outlook - rapid market growth in China
- Biopesticides 2021