Special Report: Agrow Bioformulations 2020
Author: Jim Bullock & David Calvert | Number of pages: 171 | PDF Report |
There is little doubt that the market for biocontrol products in
agriculture has increased dramatically over the last few years and
will continue to do so over the foreseeable future. Whilst
definitions make it difficult to get to precise figures, it is
estimated that sales of biocontrol products increased from US$ 0.1
billion in 1993 to around US$ 3 billion in 2016, with a projection
of sales of nearly US$ 5 billion in 2020.
The drivers behind the growth forecast for this sector are:
- Increased Pesticide Resistance
With the increasing use of pesticides, many crops and target pests have developed resistance to traditional pesticides. Strategies to counter this have included pesticide mixtures, rotations but also the inclusion of more natural crop control methods and the use of integrated pest management (IPM).
- Consumer Perception
In Europe particularly, there is a negative perception from the public of "chemicals" and pesticides and any products which make a claim to be natural are regarded as being "better" and "safer".
- Increased Focus by Regulators/Governments on "Synthetic
Many of the traditional products for crop protection need their approvals renewing and the regulators are now being increasingly wary of renewing approvals.
For contents pages, executive summary and sample pages:
- Webcast: June 2020 Pre-WASDE report expectations
- Article: ICCO trims global cocoa deficit slightly for 2019/20
- Podcast: New season AN and CAN prices in Europe: Too high?
- Article: Kyriakides says EU’s mandatory FOP label will be based on consultation and impact assessment
- Article: New data offers further insight into reduced Q1 food recalls
- Article: Companion animal industry's digital revolution is being sped up by coronavirus
- Article: Food and Ag Policy Briefing - 1 June
- Blog: Strong market growth for seed treatments and coatings boosted by biologicals
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
RT @LanceUggla: I believe we must stand together to drive change, change that builds a world that is equal, regardless of who we are. Let’s…