South Korea Corporate Governance 2020 Review
During the pandemic year, discussion on environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) topics remained robust globally including South Korea. In July 2020, the Ministry of Economy and Finance disclosed a detailed national development strategy on the Digital New Deal and Green New Deal. In Q3 2020, South Korea was one of the top countries with strong ESG fund growth, according to ESG Clarity. 1 2020 also witnessed significant corporate governance developments in the country. This insight summarizes key updates in the past year and 2021 outlook.
By Yura Ahn
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Daily Global Market Summary - 12 January 2021
- Is 2021 the end of LIBOR? Spoiler – it’s not
- 2020 saw highest credit default events since 2009 - what about this year?
- IHS Markit Response to FSB Outsourcing Consultation
- IHS Markit December securities finance snapshot
- Daily Global Market Summary - 11 January 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 8 January 2021
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: January 2021
2021 dividends are predicted to approach $1.78tr, up 6.5% from the $1.67tr paid by the same firms in 2020. Read abo… https://t.co/Qqley4Jnp1
This week we reached an industry milestone by passing $30 trillion in lendable assets. Our securities finance datas… https://t.co/M82QME0YEL