Video: Solar PV Market Outlook 2022 and Beyond
2021 was another record year for solar PV generation additions
globally. 2022 is set to be an even stronger year with 32%
year-on-year growth. This continued expansion of solar PV
installations takes place to a backdrop of global economic
uncertainty and volatile pricing.
In this video, Josefin Berg, Research and Analysis Manager and solar PV expert in our Global Clean Energy Technology team, reviews the outlook for solar PV in 2022, the challenges to growth, and summarizes the long-term prospects for solar power.
For more detail on solar PV this year, or the trends dominating other clean energy technology segments in 2022, download the 10 Cleantech Trends in 2022 whitepaper.
This article was published by S&P Global Commodity Insights and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Santos' Darwin Pipeline Duplication (DPD) Project confirmed – Australia's energy transition is taking shape
- Global Fuels Market Outlook
- Global Power and Renewables Research Highlights, September 2022: Implications of the Inflation Reduction Act, global gas supply a key concern for power sector, financing strategies take center stage as interest rates jump
- Toward a reliable low-carbon power system: Navigating the evolving flexibility policy landscape
- Nuclear energy is growing on a global scale
- Video: Latin America -- Renewables keep up the pace amid growing economic uncertainties
- Upward price pressures will make cost savings difficult this year as costs rise by 7% over the first half of 2022
- Securing gas supply for Southeast Asia’s energy transition