It's crunch time for cryptocurrency brokers & owners. How will the US infrastructure bill change your tax rules and… https://t.co/KZhAVGyE3y
Singapore banks’ dividends to make strong comeback in FY 2021
Singapore banks' dividends to make strong comeback in FY 2021
- The banking trio of DBS, UOB, and OCBC in Singapore are expected to increase dividends by an average rate of 40% on a dividends-per-share (DPS) basis in fiscal year (FY) 2021 in the base case scenario, with estimated total dividend payouts expected in the amount of US$5.1 billion, versus US$3.6 billion in 2020.
- Our bull case scenario forecasts DBS, UOB, and OCBC will pay DPS of S$1.17, S$1.18, and S$0.52, respectively, for FY 2021.
- The recovery of dividends is attributable to the projected removal of dividend restrictions by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and broad-based economic recovery on the back of the effective execution of Singapore's vaccination program.
- Singaporean banks lead among Southeast Asian markets in terms of aggregate dividend payouts recovery in 2021, with around 42% growth in comparison with Malaysia and Indonesia, which are expected to report largely flat aggregate dividends.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Municipal Calendar Week of 09/20/2021
- Hazeltree Partners with IHS Markit to Deliver Best-In-Class Treasury and Portfolio Finance Solutions
- Daily Global Market Summary - 20 September 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 17 September 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 16 September 2021
- What the US infrastructure bill means for cryptocurrency brokers and owners
- Daily Global Market Summary - 15 September 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 14 September 2021
Caroline Löfgren from Hg speaks to our own Jocelyn Lewis about key considerations for creating a successful ESG str… https://t.co/dYtKif0vY3
Collateral management and compliance managers need to start preparing for the final phase of IM requirements to ens… https://t.co/G98PRj3KPX