The significance of say-on-climate resolutions - Part 3: An Asia Pacific overview
The Asia Pacific (APAC) region, hosting the world's largest population and two of the top carbon-dioxide-producing economies (China and India), faces the greatest challenge in addressing the impact of climate change. Against this backdrop, there has been an increase in the number of countries in the region that have committed to aligning with the Paris Agreement through Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). The implementation of these NDCs requires remarkable efforts from both regional corporates and local multinational corporations.
To better monitor corporate progress towards climate change adaption and mitigation, how have the institutional shareholders been exercising their shareholder rights? What were the say-on-climate votes presented at annual general meetings (AGMs) in the APAC region in 2021?
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Chartis RiskTech BuySide 50: Financial Risk Analytics Wins Investment/Market Risk Category
- Defensive Strategies for the Asian USD High Yield Credit Market
- South Korea Dividends - More to be Discovered
- Top 3 Insights from the 2022 CeFPro Vendor & Third Party Risk Europe Conference
- The obstacles to better analytics adoption in private equity
- A New Report -- Retail Investors: A Changing Landscape
- APIs beat AI in the industry’s post-trade priority list
- Golden Record Corporate Actions Podcast Series - Pilot Episode: Is Data the Problem?
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00