Webinar | Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar, unveiling the results of a… https://t.co/YsFt4U9bLa
Romanian passenger car production increases 7.7% y/y in February
Romanian passenger car production rose in February by 7.7% year on year (y/y) to 48,038 units, according to official data released by the Association of Automotive Manufacturers in Romania (Asociatia Constructorilor de Automobile din ROMania: ACAROM). The plant in Pitesti that houses Dacia's production activities in the country manufactured 27,883 units during the month, while the Craiova plant operated by Ford produced 20,155 units.
Significance: Romanian car production bucked the trend in February, when many production centres globally witnessed weakening demand in line with softening macro indicators, even before the effects of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) virus outbreak were fully beginning to be felt. However, the uplift in Romania was largely the result of production of the new Ford Puma being ramped up at the Craiova plant, with this making up for a corresponding drop-off in EcoSport numbers at the facility. February's number is in line with a full-year 2020 production forecast for Romania of 535,000 units, up from 490,000 units in 2019, although this is of course subject to revision.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Drivers reveal exactly how fast they want EVs to charge – and these cars are setting the pace
- Fuel for Thought - CES 2021 Roundup
- Top 10 auto tech trends to watch for in 2021
- Stellantis: Scale Creates Opportunity
- Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
- Join IHS Markit as we host our inaugural US Brand Performance Review webinar
- Supply chain disruption for semiconductors to the automotive sector
- An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Webinar | Evolving Material Trends in the Body-in-White Forecast Join us February 4 as we highlight key outputs of… https://t.co/DWdV2Q1gPs