Fine-tune your automotive audience action plan with Polk Automotive Data. Download full infographic and access web… https://t.co/I8kShQPKCq
Romanian passenger car production increases 7.7% y/y in February
Romanian passenger car production rose in February by 7.7% year on year (y/y) to 48,038 units, according to official data released by the Association of Automotive Manufacturers in Romania (Asociatia Constructorilor de Automobile din ROMania: ACAROM). The plant in Pitesti that houses Dacia's production activities in the country manufactured 27,883 units during the month, while the Craiova plant operated by Ford produced 20,155 units.
Significance: Romanian car production bucked the trend in February, when many production centres globally witnessed weakening demand in line with softening macro indicators, even before the effects of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) virus outbreak were fully beginning to be felt. However, the uplift in Romania was largely the result of production of the new Ford Puma being ramped up at the Craiova plant, with this making up for a corresponding drop-off in EcoSport numbers at the facility. February's number is in line with a full-year 2020 production forecast for Romania of 535,000 units, up from 490,000 units in 2019, although this is of course subject to revision.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 17 June 2020
- COVID-19's real possible effects on the Auto and Mobility Industry
- With 50% of countries reporting, month of May numbers indicate a solid rebound for global auto demand
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 3 June 2020
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 20 May 2020
- COVID-19: Global Auto Demand Tracker
- Automotive Rapid Response Report - 13 May 2020
The Automotive Manufacturing Disruption Index from IHS Markit has crept back up again to the mid-forties from the l… https://t.co/ExTEPeQDiD
Looking at new vehicle registrations at the state level, the three states with the greatest improvements in retail… https://t.co/8VwfBXUHaE