Within the transportation sector, road transportation accounts for about 70% of CO2 emissions. Vehicle electrificat… https://t.co/Gi18TmP5rU
Romanian passenger car production increases 7.7% y/y in February
Romanian passenger car production rose in February by 7.7% year on year (y/y) to 48,038 units, according to official data released by the Association of Automotive Manufacturers in Romania (Asociatia Constructorilor de Automobile din ROMania: ACAROM). The plant in Pitesti that houses Dacia's production activities in the country manufactured 27,883 units during the month, while the Craiova plant operated by Ford produced 20,155 units.
Significance: Romanian car production bucked the trend in February, when many production centres globally witnessed weakening demand in line with softening macro indicators, even before the effects of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) virus outbreak were fully beginning to be felt. However, the uplift in Romania was largely the result of production of the new Ford Puma being ramped up at the Craiova plant, with this making up for a corresponding drop-off in EcoSport numbers at the facility. February's number is in line with a full-year 2020 production forecast for Romania of 535,000 units, up from 490,000 units in 2019, although this is of course subject to revision.
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- Automotive electrification and decarbonization: Shifting toward net-zero
- Fuel for Thought: Automotive Electrification and Decarbonization - Shifting gears towards Net-Zero
- Tesla Encounters Formidable Competition
- EV Charging Infrastructure Report and Forecast
- Updated Analysis on the EU Green Deal
- Powertrain market analysis for revised EU fleet emissions scenarios
- Impact of supplier issues on the North American truck production
- The Chip Dip: Latest Global Impact of Supply Chain Constraints
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
July’s Newsletter: Road transport contributes 70-80% of CO2 emissions. Major markets will face challenges to meet t… https://t.co/YiN5tGxVi4