Listen to U.S. Senator Thom Tillis (R-NC) in conversation with our O'Hara Macken about the $2 trillion CARES Act an… https://t.co/fQemCbqHGp
Risk-on trades defy stay-at-home order
Research Signals - April 2020
The global COVID-19 pandemic continued to cause significant economic disruption in April, as confirmed by the lowest reading in the J.P.Morgan Global Manufacturing PMI since the financial crisis, though softened by the relatively resilient China PMI from its severe downturn in February. However, investors who sought the safety of low risk stocks during the height of the pandemic energetically reversed course, as a breath of fresh air rejuvenated the risk-on trade (Table 1).
- US: After surging in performance among large caps the prior month, 60-Month Beta recorded its largest monthly percentage point drawdown in our factor history in April
- Developed Europe: Investors increased exposure to small caps gauged by Natural Logarithm of Market Capitalization (USD) and higher risk stocks captured by 24-Month Value at Risk
- Developed Pacific: High quality firms, such as those with favorable Fixed Assets Turnover Ratio scores, outperformed for a second month in Japan, while Implied Loan Rate was a strong performer in markets outside Japan
- Emerging markets: Valuation measures such as TTM EBITDA-to-Enterprise Value were positively rewarded
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Daily Global Market Summary - 29 May 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 28 May 2020
- ESG reports Latin America: Panel of Local Experts Discuss 6 Key Trends in the Region
- Distressed loan settlement: Is this the calm before the storm?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 27 May 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 26 May 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 22 May 2020
- APAC 2020 dividends: A ballast in times of the COVID-19 pandemic
Explore new approaches for end-to-end client lifecycle management. Download the full infographic and new whitepaper… https://t.co/kTaJxvx5ce
As the country continues to fight against COVID-19, new issues decreased last week, with only 40 deals priced for t… https://t.co/R7CZucwthg