RT @SPGlobal: Essential Intelligence from S&P Global helps you dive below the surface. Because a better, more prosperous world is yours for…
Article: Rise in Indian cumin seed price
The Indian cumin seed fob spot price was INR14,575 per quintal (USD194.5/quintal) on July 31 at Jodhpur market (Rajasthan, North East), 4.2% more than on June 30. Meanwhile, the price closed at INR14,050/quintal on July 17, 1.8% more than on June 30.
Consumption is gradually recovering, although it remains weak.
Indian cumin seed exports reached 58,380 tonnes, worth USD118.0 million, from January-April 2020, 10.7%% less year-on-year in volume and 19.2% less in value, according to the Indian government. China regained its traditional role as the main importer of whole product, taking 29.6% of the total.
Updated daily futures market prices on India's National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange were:
- Deliveries in July closed at INR14,175/quintal on July 20, 3.2% more than on June 22.
- INR14,115/quintal for deliveries in August on July 31, 2.7% more than on June 30.
- INR14,050/quintal for deliveries in September on July 31, 1.6% more.
- INR14,185/quintal for deliveries in October on July 31, 1.9% more.
- INR14,320/quintal for deliveries in November on July 3, 3.6% more than on July.
- Agriculture in transition
- New Generics update 2022: Agribusiness report on active ingredients coming off patent up to 2027
- Significant gene-editing policy changes seen in Europe
- India allows drone-based pesticide spraying
- India eases gene editing regulations
- Interview with Boehringer Ingelheim on the importance of partnerships
- Crop Protection Industry Overview
- Special Report on Food and Ag Commodity Inflation
Each year, we commemorate Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month to celebrate the rich, diverse culture a… https://t.co/oOU06vryXV