RT @SPGlobal: It's when you dive in that discovery begins. See how Essential Intelligence can help you push below the surface. A better, mo…
Revealing the risks: Inside shipping and containers
The global pandemic and the shutdown of the Suez Canal in March highlighted the importance of the global supply chain and the risks involved in shipping goods around the world.
Tracking what happens at sea is a major challenge, however, innovations in data and technology are now allowing insurers and businesses to track ship and cargo movements from start to finish.
Instech's Matthew Grant is joined on Podcast 169 by George Devereese and Turloch Mooney from IHS Markit, a global data provider and the primary source of information on vessels being used for international trade.
The conversation covers how technology is being used in the real-time monitoring of vessels and the data and analytics IHS Markit provides to marine insurers to assist with underwriting, risk allocation, and claims investigation/mitigation.
Talking points include:
- The main risks involved in container ship journeys
- How sensors are being used to track individual cargo containers
- Using data to forecast global supply chain delays
- Partnering with insurers and accessing IHS Markit data
- The next steps in supply chain and marine insurance innovation
- Global Trade Monitor – September 2022
- Maritime and Trade Talk - An Insurers’ Perspective: Navigating Maritime Risks in a sea of New and Emerging Challenges
- Tankers at Sea Insight: VLCC segment breaks out of rut as higher employment in summer buoys earnings
- Shipping market outlook - Container vs Dry bulk: Q3 2022 update
- Managing Dangerous Cargo Risk in the Era of Digitalisation
- Semiconductors and Chips: The 21st Century Arms Race
- Maritime and Trade Talk - The Impact of Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine: A Trade Finance Compliance Perspective - August Update
- Maritime and Trade Talk - The Container Port Performance Index 2021
The most recent data for the second quarter of 2022 from S&P Global Market Intelligence - Global Trade Analytics Su… https://t.co/CfbpgZbbny