Power demand is coming back in China after an unprecedented drop during the COVID-19 lockdown. “Home Isolation” s… https://t.co/pexUwYpU1t
Special Report: Phillips McDougall supports the FAO with Global Seed Market Analysis
Phillips McDougall's consultancy team recently partnered with
the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations
(UN), to provide them with a clear and comprehensive view of the
global seed market. The report we provided outlined the sales and
profitability of the global seed industry, detailing company
performance (including public organisations where possible), by
crop types. It highlights the range and distribution of seed
companies, breaking them down by size, including;
- Tier I companies being those 'large' players that have annual sales in excess of USD 500 million.
- Tier II companies being those 'medium' players that have annual sales between USD 100 and USD 500 million.
- Tier III companies being those 'smaller' players that have annual sales less than USD 100 million.
As per the FAO's 'International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture', the report aims to provide mutli-lateral access to seed market intelligence, enabling benefits to be shared across the globe.
To understand how the seed industry has performed by company, click below to gain access to the full report we produced for the FAO. Access full report
- Agriculture and biofuels - a transition in process
- COVID-19 - Animal health companies react to unfamiliar and tough circumstances
- Food and Ag Policy Briefing March 2020
- Article: Russia steps up efforts to maintain food security amid Covid-19
- Article: Identifying Covid-19 misinformation in the sugar market
- COVID-19: How the various agri-industrial sectors are responding
- Blog: African Swine Fever spread prompts vaccines search
- Special Report: Disruptors and Innovators 2020