Special Report: Phillips McDougall supports the FAO with Global Seed Market Analysis
Phillips McDougall's consultancy team recently partnered with
the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations
(UN), to provide them with a clear and comprehensive view of the
global seed market. The report we provided outlined the sales and
profitability of the global seed industry, detailing company
performance (including public organisations where possible), by
crop types. It highlights the range and distribution of seed
companies, breaking them down by size, including;
- Tier I companies being those 'large' players that have annual sales in excess of USD 500 million.
- Tier II companies being those 'medium' players that have annual sales between USD 100 and USD 500 million.
- Tier III companies being those 'smaller' players that have annual sales less than USD 100 million.
As per the FAO's 'International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture', the report aims to provide mutli-lateral access to seed market intelligence, enabling benefits to be shared across the globe.
To understand how the seed industry has performed by company, click below to gain access to the full report we produced for the FAO. Access full report
- Food & Ag Policy Briefing 7 June
- Article: Can the EU meet its new 25% organic target?
- Article: Peruvian ginger exports maintain strong growth
- Article: High price difference between pecan halves and pieces still holds
- Article: Bayer seals settlements on glyphosate and dicamba litigation
- Article: June - sustainability focus
- Webcast: US Hogs and Pork Market Outlook
- Article: French public health body calls for tighter regulation of unhealthy food adverts