Asset Placement: The Realities and Dynamics of Regional Competitiveness–June 2018
Don Bari, Vice President, Chemicals Technology
& Analytics, IHS Markit
Ed Glatzer, Executive Director, IHS Markit
Products & Solutions
Competitive Company Analysis
The chemical industry is fraught with uncertainty. In this environment, leading chemical companies have become more focused on tactical and strategic portfolio management. Tight monitoring of competitor activity is also important, but gathering credible intelligence can be a time-consuming and challenging process. In an environment of rapid change and market volatility, attaining this competitive advantage can make the difference between success and failure.
Learn more | Download BrochureCompetitive Company Analysis
Chemical Competitive Cost and Margin
Competitive Cost and Margin Analytics (CCMA) from IHS Markit provide detailed country-level economics for the world's major chemicals. This data is based on an analysis of the cost structure of each individual production unit around the globe and spans a 10-year timeframe, 5-year history and 5-year forecast. With this information, clients can examine how variation in capacity, feedstocks and process technologies are impacting plant economics at the country level.
Learn more | Download Brochure
Process Economics Program
Compare new chemical process technologies and economics faster and at less cost.
New chemical manufacturing technologies can pose an opportunity or a threat. Whether you are acquiring a new technology or responding to a rival, the ability to quickly compare technical designs and production costs is a competitive advantage.
- Changing course: Plastics, carbon and the transition to circularity
- Factors impacting global fiber demand and growth
- COVID-19 Impact on C4s and Rubbers
- Biojet for aviation – A growth story for the 2020s?
- Podcast: Lithium February Market Outlook
- Assessing the sustainability and performance of green surfactants
- China’s styrene monomer market and its push for higher self-sufficiency
- Polyurethane feedstocks: Is the golden age over?