CERAWeek - Video of the Week Listen as a group of panelists discuss transportation fueled by hydrogen.… https://t.co/w0tYT5CI5o
On-going talks about 400 public EV charging stations in Kolkata
India's Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is in talks with the West Bengal state government about setting up electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure, reports the Economic Times. "We are planning 400 public EV charging stations in the city and new town. Soon, a deal with the New Town Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) will be inked. We require land for the EV stations at viable locations. We have submitted a proposal to carry out the capex [capital expenditure] and maintain the infrastructure for 10 years. There will be some revenue sharing with the landowner," said EESL regional head Sudeep Bhar. In addition to the NKDA, the West Bengal Transport Department, Power Department, and Urban Development Department will also be involved in setting up the proposed EV charging stations.
Significance: EESL is a joint venture (JV) of public-sector undertakings in India under the Union (federal) Ministry of Power. The agency is taking charge of the implementation of the government's ambitious EV programme and has completed the tender processes to procure 10,000 EVs for use by various government departments. Last year, EESL also invited bids for 2,000 EV chargers to be deployed in the second phase of its EV programme . According to a previous local media report, EESL has commissioned 300 AC and 170 DC chargers across India, and also has 55 public charging points, which are currently operational in Delhi NCR. In a recent move, EESL announced in July that it had signed a memorandum of understanding with the New Okhla Industrial Development Authority to install 100 EV charging stations in Noida city .
Read more articles like this one. Get a free trial to AutoIntelligence Daily
- How will micromobility impact the automotive ecosystem?
- Berlin launches all-in-one mobility app
- European automotive trade associations call for action against no-deal Brexit
- Fewer Choices for Loyal Ethnic Sedan Owners Opens Marketing Opportunities – and Challenges – for OEMs, IHS Markit says
- US DOT makes more awards of autonomous vehicle research funding
- Canada considering adopting Californian emissions requirements
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Important production EVs, premium concepts and city cars dominate launches
- Frankfurt Motor Show 2019: Climate change campaigners call for SUV ban
RT @IHSMarkit: Today we've announced the acquisition of Novation Analytics, a specialist provider of software solutions, data analysis and…
An Automotive Minute - E40: Chris Hopson discusses September light vehicle sales demand in the United States. https://t.co/dWcb8NgE34