Polyester Industry Overview – September 2018
Tison Keel, Senior Director, PET, PTA, EO and Derivatives, IHS Markit, Houston
Products & Solutions
Polyester Fibers (Chemical Economics Handbook)
In publication for more than 60 years, the Chemical Economics Handbook (CEH) provides five-year outlooks and extensive market data on more than 300 industrial chemicals.
World Analysis - Ethylene Oxide and Glycol
Chemical World Analysis Ethylene Oxide & Glycol is an annual study that covers historical trends and forecasts for ethylene oxide & glycol supply/demand fundamentals over a 16-year period (five-year history, base year, ten-year forecast).
Ethylene Glycols - Chemical Economics Handbook
In the ethylene glycols product group, monoethylene glycol (MEG) is by far the largest-volume product, accounting for more than 90% of the overall ethylene glycols market. MEG is consumed primarily in the production of polyester (polyethylene terephthalate [PET]), which is subsequently used for the production of fibers, films, solid-state resins, and other consumables. Polyester/PET applications accounted for 87% of global MEG consumption in 2017. Overall, consumption of ethylene glycols is broadly tied to the general economy.
- Tom Stoppard, the legendary British playwright, and Petrochemical Process Technology?
- Recovery for the paraxylene industry or temporary reprieve?
- Is it time for the Asian Nylon 6 Industry to Rebound?
- Light Vehicle Production Outlook In 2021
- COVID Drives CO2 Growth in Food Sector
- The 2020 collapse in crude oil prices changed the game for the chemical industry
- The Alpha Dogs of Alpha Olefins
- Delving into Derivatives: Oxo Alcohols, Acrylates and SAP