Polyester Industry Overview – September 2018
Tison Keel, Senior Director, PET, PTA, EO and Derivatives, IHS Markit, Houston
Products & Solutions
Polyester Fibers (Chemical Economics Handbook)
In publication for more than 60 years, the Chemical Economics Handbook (CEH) provides five-year outlooks and extensive market data on more than 300 industrial chemicals.
World Analysis - Ethylene Oxide and Glycol
Chemical World Analysis Ethylene Oxide & Glycol is an annual study that covers historical trends and forecasts for ethylene oxide & glycol supply/demand fundamentals over a 16-year period (five-year history, base year, ten-year forecast).
Ethylene Glycols - Chemical Economics Handbook
In the ethylene glycols product group, monoethylene glycol (MEG) is by far the largest-volume product, accounting for more than 90% of the overall ethylene glycols market. MEG is consumed primarily in the production of polyester (polyethylene terephthalate [PET]), which is subsequently used for the production of fibers, films, solid-state resins, and other consumables. Polyester/PET applications accounted for 87% of global MEG consumption in 2017. Overall, consumption of ethylene glycols is broadly tied to the general economy.
- COVID-19 Impact on C4s and Rubbers
- Biojet for aviation – A growth story for the 2020s?
- Podcast: Lithium February Market Outlook
- Assessing the sustainability and performance of green surfactants
- China’s styrene monomer market and its push for higher self-sufficiency
- Polyurethane feedstocks: Is the golden age over?
- Chemical surpluses create opportunities – and costs
- Coronavirus Impact on the Chlor-alkali Market