Polyester Industry Overview – September 2018
Tison Keel, Senior Director, PET, PTA, EO and Derivatives, IHS Markit, Houston
Products & Solutions
Polyester Fibers (Chemical Economics Handbook)
In publication for more than 60 years, the Chemical Economics Handbook (CEH) provides five-year outlooks and extensive market data on more than 300 industrial chemicals.
World Analysis - Ethylene Oxide and Glycol
Chemical World Analysis Ethylene Oxide & Glycol is an annual study that covers historical trends and forecasts for ethylene oxide & glycol supply/demand fundamentals over a 16-year period (five-year history, base year, ten-year forecast).
Ethylene Glycols - Chemical Economics Handbook
In the ethylene glycols product group, monoethylene glycol (MEG) is by far the largest-volume product, accounting for more than 90% of the overall ethylene glycols market. MEG is consumed primarily in the production of polyester (polyethylene terephthalate [PET]), which is subsequently used for the production of fibers, films, solid-state resins, and other consumables. Polyester/PET applications accounted for 87% of global MEG consumption in 2017. Overall, consumption of ethylene glycols is broadly tied to the general economy.
- Podcast: November Lithium Market Outlook
- Key Strategic Issues Impacting the Global Ethylene Markets
- Video: Chemical Strategic Vision for 2020 and Beyond
- Beyond soybeans: The ripple effect of US-China trade tariffs on agribusiness
- Chemical Asset Capacity Forecasts
- Rare earth elements – The vitamins of modern industry
- Podcast: October Lithium Market Outlook
- Polyolefins: Impact of trade war on the world’s most common plastics