Join us this Thursday, 12/2, to hear from our experts how marketers can prepare and succeed in 2022. Supply chain i… https://t.co/KGlYN3n5kI
Polk supports 16th Annual Urban Wheel Awards
The 2012 Auto Show Week began for me like years past with the 16th Annual Urban Wheel Awards.
The Decisive Media event held at the Motor City Casino Sound Board recognizes African American, Asian and Hispanic achievers in the automotive industry. The event also serves as an annual forum for networking among ethnic automotive leaders and highlights green vehicle technology.> The evening began with an event honoring Bill Perkins as the first African American Chairman of the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). The actual show was co-hosted by two nationally recognized personalities: Award winning actress, Phylicia Rashad and ABC News Anchor, John Quinones.On behalf of the entire Polk organization, I want to thank Randi Payton and the Decisive Media team for once again allowing the automotive leaders of tomorrow (current high school and college students) to attend the Urban Wheel Awards. I'm a firm believer that seeing is the first step to achieving and this event definitely allows young people to see and meet automotive executives, dealers and suppliers from across the country.Congrats again to all of the 2012 Urban Wheel Award Winners. These are my thoughts about the 16th Annual Urban Wheel Awards, I'd love to hear your comments or any highlights you'd like to share from this year's event. My next blog topic will be "Ethnic Leaders Recognized in Polk Automotive Loyalty Awards."
Marc Bland, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Polk
Posted 19 January 2012
- Fuel for Thought: Can Electrification Deliver for Commercial Vehicles?
- US Infrastructure Bill's EV Charger Funding
- Impact of inventory shortages on US new vehicle industry market dynamics
- Magnesium shortage in context: A real threat or just a price spike?
- Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2021
- North American Heavy Duty Parts Outlook
- IHS Markit to share aftermarket trends and insight at AAPEX, SEMA 2021
- No Immediate Relief in Sight for Supply Constraints on Truck Industry