Join us this Thursday, 12/2, to hear from our experts how marketers can prepare and succeed in 2022. Supply chain i… https://t.co/KGlYN3n5kI
Polk and OEMs support Michigan Hispanic community
On Friday, December 2, Polk joined over 600 attendees representing multiple OEMs, auto suppliers and other industries at the Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce's (MHCC) 22nd Annual Fiesta Hispana Gala. The gala, which serves as a celebration of Hispanic contributions across all industries, was an excellent mix of networking, knowledge sharing, good food and fun.
With Hispanic consumers representing over 9% of personal new vehicle registrations year-to-date through August, I was glad to see the sponsorship list dominated by the following OEMs:
- Chrysler - Event Sponsor
- General Motors - Reception Sponsor
- Toyota - Gold Sponsor
- Ford and Honda - Respective Emerald Sponsors
When I consider that Hispanic automotive consumers generate a new vehicle volume growth rate of 22% year-over-year and it outpaces the industry mark of 15% by 7 percentage points, I was surprised that every OEM wasn't in attendance, to support this event and the Hispanic community.
Fred Diaz Jr., a proud Hispanic American who serves as President for Chrysler's Ram Brand and Chrysler de Mexico, was the Keynote Speaker for the evening. His delivery was an excellent mix of speech and visual presentation. Fred's passionate comments about Chrysler's top-to-bottom commitment to quality and his sharing of the new Ram Truck advertisement De Todo Con Todo, which means, "To Everything with Everything" were my two favorite components of his keynote address.
I am proud to be part of an organization that supports diversity. Thanks again to my many colleagues from Polk who joined me at the event as pictured below:
Polk attendees from left to right: Joe Robinson, Lonnie Miller, Joe Jurkiewicz, Lisa Aquino, Bryan Funke, Marc Bland, Sarah Sampson, Indira Harracksingh, Heather Lawrence and Therran Oliphant (Polk attendees not pictured: Angela Wang, Lynn Picano and Shawn Ryan)
These are my thoughts and comments regarding the 2011 MHCC Fiesta. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the blog, the MHCC Fiesta or any views you have regarding the growing Hispanic automotive market.
Marc Bland, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, Polk
Posted 6 December 2011</</body>
- Fuel for Thought: Can Electrification Deliver for Commercial Vehicles?
- US Infrastructure Bill's EV Charger Funding
- Impact of inventory shortages on US new vehicle industry market dynamics
- Magnesium shortage in context: A real threat or just a price spike?
- Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2021
- North American Heavy Duty Parts Outlook
- IHS Markit to share aftermarket trends and insight at AAPEX, SEMA 2021
- No Immediate Relief in Sight for Supply Constraints on Truck Industry