Podcast: September Lithium Market Outlook
It has been a challenging month for lithium producers with lower
material prices continuing to impact expansion plans. Longer term,
lithium demand forecasts remain positive, but we are seeing
continued declines in Chinese EV demand in response to subsidy
adjustments made in June.
As if oversupply and potential declining demand in the face of contracting global expansion were not enough, Argentinian producers will now face capital controls on foreign currency and dividend distributions outside of the country.
Listen to podcast
In this podcast, we cover the current:
Demand and Supply Trends
If you're ahead of the market, you can navigate this complex industry and mitigate your risk.
Gain transparancy into the lithium market with IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service's 5-year price forecasts and 10-year supply/demand forecasts.
- Worldwide propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Nylon – Moving into a brave new world
- Four Key Groups to Lead Circular Plastics Transition
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration