Podcast: November Lithium Market Outlook
In Australia the mining industry is faced with a level of
oversupply of spodumene that has resulted in mines either slowing
down production or in some cases going into "care and maintenance"
to quote the recent announcement from Albemarle. Demand has moved
sideways with continued growth in both North America and Europe
while China has slowed compared to last year at this time.
Much of the slowdown in China is related to reduction in subsidies. The last big influence in the market today is the continued breakneck pace of announcements by Automakers of new models, alignment with suppliers and the commitment to electrifying drivetrains.
Listen to podcast
In this podcast, we cover:
Demand and Supply Trends
If you're ahead of the market, you can navigate this complex industry and mitigate your risk.
Gain transparency into the lithium market with IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service's 5-year price forecasts and 10-year supply/demand forecasts.
Listen to previous Lithium Podcast:
- Factors impacting global fiber demand and growth
- Changing course: Plastics, carbon and the transition to circularity
- COVID-19 Impact on C4s and Rubbers
- Biojet for aviation – A growth story for the 2020s?
- Podcast: Lithium February Market Outlook
- Assessing the sustainability and performance of green surfactants
- China’s styrene monomer market and its push for higher self-sufficiency
- Polyurethane feedstocks: Is the golden age over?