Podcast: Lithium Market Outlook
Despite potential storm clouds on the horizon from a macro-economic perspective demand trends continue to be buoyant for lithium chemicals. Supply has responded to increased demand, but perhaps over-responsive, at least in the eyes of shareholders. The major producers are lowering short-term production forecasts and delaying expansions while others are positioning to enter the market and acquiring assets.
IHS Markit just launched a new Global Lithium and Battery Materials Market Advisory Service covering the upstream sector of lithium compounds. In this podcast, the team covers highlights of the first issue:
- Key takeaways from a macro-economic perspective
- Outlook for demand
- News on supply
Listen to podcast
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
- Specialty Fibers Shaping the Future
- Impact of Brexit Uncertainty on the Imports of Polyester and Nylon Fibers in the United Kingdom
- Is chemical recycling a game changer?
- The new silk road