Podcast: Lithium Market Outlook
Despite potential storm clouds on the horizon from a macro-economic perspective demand trends continue to be buoyant for lithium chemicals. Supply has responded to increased demand, but perhaps over-responsive, at least in the eyes of shareholders. The major producers are lowering short-term production forecasts and delaying expansions while others are positioning to enter the market and acquiring assets.
IHS Markit just launched a new Global Lithium and Battery Materials Market Advisory Service covering the upstream sector of lithium compounds. In this podcast, the team covers highlights of the first issue:
- Key takeaways from a macro-economic perspective
- Outlook for demand
- News on supply
Listen to podcast
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Worldwide propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Nylon – Moving into a brave new world
- Four Key Groups to Lead Circular Plastics Transition
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration