Podcast: Lithium January Market Outlook
China's ministry of industry and information technology
announced new regulations for the recycling of used new energy
vehicle (NEV) power batteries. The regulations, with effect from 1
January, include new recovery rates for major battery metals. The
recovery rate for nickel, cobalt and manganese should not be below
98%, while the rate for lithium must be above 85%.
The regulations are expected to increase supplies of battery metals such as lithium, nickel, cobalt and manganese. The additional supplies are likely to be mostly used in NEV batteries.
Listen to podcast
Beginning in February, we will launch a short monthly report recapping some of the major stories in the Battery Materials space that will be offered complimentary. To sign up for this please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Gain transparency into the lithium market with
IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service's
5-year price forecasts and 10-year supply/demand forecasts.
Listen to previous Lithium Podcast:
- The Near-Term Reduction of the North American Advantage for Polyethylene
- How is polymer demand impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Middle East Dilemma
- Impact of Covid-19 and low oil pricing on global chemical markets
- Basic Chemicals - The Curve is Already Flattened!
- Podcast: Olefins Weekly Wrap-Up April 24
- Impact of plastics recycling on the future of energy transition
- Podcast: Olefins Weekly Wrap-Up