Podcast: July Lithium Market Outlook
As we reach the midpoint of the year, lithium prices remain
depressed and market consensus has shifted to over-supply. Despite
this, our demand forecasts remain positive. Whether this period of
oversupply is a short trough or an extended valley is going to
depend on the bigger economic picture as right now EV sales are
still growing while overall auto sales are contracting. If the
global economy contracts, EV's will likely not be able to continue
to buck the trend.
Listen to podcast
In this podcast, we cover:
- Economic Outlook
- Demand and Supply Trends
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Tom Stoppard, the legendary British playwright, and Petrochemical Process Technology?
- Recovery for the paraxylene industry or temporary reprieve?
- Is it time for the Asian Nylon 6 Industry to Rebound?
- Light Vehicle Production Outlook In 2021
- COVID Drives CO2 Growth in Food Sector
- The 2020 collapse in crude oil prices changed the game for the chemical industry
- The Alpha Dogs of Alpha Olefins
- Delving into Derivatives: Oxo Alcohols, Acrylates and SAP