Podcast: July Lithium Market Outlook
As we reach the midpoint of the year, lithium prices remain
depressed and market consensus has shifted to over-supply. Despite
this, our demand forecasts remain positive. Whether this period of
oversupply is a short trough or an extended valley is going to
depend on the bigger economic picture as right now EV sales are
still growing while overall auto sales are contracting. If the
global economy contracts, EV's will likely not be able to continue
to buck the trend.
Listen to podcast
In this podcast, we cover:
- Economic Outlook
- Demand and Supply Trends
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
- Specialty Fibers Shaping the Future
- Impact of Brexit Uncertainty on the Imports of Polyester and Nylon Fibers in the United Kingdom
- Is chemical recycling a game changer?
- The new silk road
- Sustainability’s impact on the global soda ash market
Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) and Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA) have experienced 2-3 years of supply constraints and h… https://t.co/C4TJqpyyNL