Podcast: July Lithium Market Outlook
As we reach the midpoint of the year, lithium prices remain
depressed and market consensus has shifted to over-supply. Despite
this, our demand forecasts remain positive. Whether this period of
oversupply is a short trough or an extended valley is going to
depend on the bigger economic picture as right now EV sales are
still growing while overall auto sales are contracting. If the
global economy contracts, EV's will likely not be able to continue
to buck the trend.
Listen to podcast
In this podcast, we cover:
- Economic Outlook
- Demand and Supply Trends
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration
- 1,4-Butanediol capacity expands once again– Oh no, more BDO! (But at least this new stuff will be green.)
- The Plastics Dilemma
- Enterprise Ethylene Futures Contract Opens on CME; Hub Links to Global Market
- Circular Plastics - Anticipating Disruptions
- Structural shift to renewable diesel brings accelerated growth in the North America market
- Turbulence in Polyolefins Trade Flow Patterns
- Tom Stoppard, the legendary British playwright, and Petrochemical Process Technology?