Podcast: The Global Impact of Foot and Mouth Disease
Animal Health analyst Joseph Harvey recently travelled to the Food and Agriculture Organisation's (FAO's) headquarters in Rome, where he got the opportunity to explore the topic of foot and mouth disease (FMD). .
In our latest podcast, he interviews Dr Jeremy Salt from GALVmed to get his take on the impact of FMD, answering the following key questions:
- Which countries have felt the impact of FMD?
- How significant are outbreaks of FMD compared to other animal diseases such as Avian Flu & African Swine Fever?
- What types of vaccines are commercially available for FMD?
- What are the characteristics required of an ideal FMD vaccine?
- How likely is it that an ideal FMD vaccine will be produced, and what barriers to use would it have?
A full feature length podcast on the topic of FMD is available, including interviews with companies such as Agresults, Biogenesis, BVI and Boehringer.
- Article: Sustainability Focus - Can the EU cut deforestation from its agri-food sector
- Webcast: Price Outlook Implications in the US Soy Markets
- Interview: “To get financing to cocoa farmers, you need to organize the data”
- Article: Perdue assures state ag chiefs that a CFAP 2 effort is coming
- Article: EU trade chief’s resignation sparks race to fill role
- Article: Scotland passes law to keep CAP policies after Brexit
- Webcast: Projecting US Crop Production and Yield Expectations for 2020
- Article: Our intention is to share weather-related risks with farmers
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
IHS Markit is a huge proponent that infrastructure & data will help support & propel the growth & scalability of de… https://t.co/KGumtoK7pr