Podcast: The Global Impact of Foot and Mouth Disease
Animal Health analyst Joseph Harvey recently travelled to the Food and Agriculture Organisation's (FAO's) headquarters in Rome, where he got the opportunity to explore the topic of foot and mouth disease (FMD). .
In our latest podcast, he interviews Dr Jeremy Salt from GALVmed to get his take on the impact of FMD, answering the following key questions:
- Which countries have felt the impact of FMD?
- How significant are outbreaks of FMD compared to other animal diseases such as Avian Flu & African Swine Fever?
- What types of vaccines are commercially available for FMD?
- What are the characteristics required of an ideal FMD vaccine?
- How likely is it that an ideal FMD vaccine will be produced, and what barriers to use would it have?
A full feature length podcast on the topic of FMD is available, including interviews with companies such as Agresults, Biogenesis, BVI and Boehringer.
- Senate appropriators issue FY21 spending plan for USDA, FDA
- Webcast: US Hogs and Poultry Margin Impacts of High Corn and Soybean Meal Prices
- Wildfires: Impact on the Australian and Californian agricultural industries
- Webcast: Pre-WASDE Expectations and IHS Markit November Crop Report
- Booming Italian frozen food sales
- US says EU’s Farm to Fork Strategy could leave 185 million people hungry
- US blocks selection of Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala to lead WTO
- Whitepaper: COVID-19 and Brexit Impacts on the UK Food Supply Chain this Winter