Power demand is coming back in China after an unprecedented drop during the COVID-19 lockdown. “Home Isolation” s… https://t.co/pexUwYpU1t
Podcast: The Global Impact of Foot and Mouth Disease
Animal Health analyst Joseph Harvey recently travelled to the Food and Agriculture Organisation's (FAO's) headquarters in Rome, where he got the opportunity to explore the topic of foot and mouth disease (FMD). .
In our latest podcast, he interviews Dr Jeremy Salt from GALVmed to get his take on the impact of FMD, answering the following key questions:
- Which countries have felt the impact of FMD?
- How significant are outbreaks of FMD compared to other animal diseases such as Avian Flu & African Swine Fever?
- What types of vaccines are commercially available for FMD?
- What are the characteristics required of an ideal FMD vaccine?
- How likely is it that an ideal FMD vaccine will be produced, and what barriers to use would it have?
A full feature length podcast on the topic of FMD is available, including interviews with companies such as Agresults, Biogenesis, BVI and Boehringer.
- Agriculture and biofuels - a transition in process
- COVID-19 - Animal health companies react to unfamiliar and tough circumstances
- Food and Ag Policy Briefing March 2020
- Article: Russia steps up efforts to maintain food security amid Covid-19
- Article: Identifying Covid-19 misinformation in the sugar market
- COVID-19: How the various agri-industrial sectors are responding
- Blog: African Swine Fever spread prompts vaccines search
- Special Report: Disruptors and Innovators 2020