Podcast: The Global Impact of Foot and Mouth Disease
Animal Health analyst Joseph Harvey recently travelled to the Food and Agriculture Organisation's (FAO's) headquarters in Rome, where he got the opportunity to explore the topic of foot and mouth disease (FMD). .
In our latest podcast, he interviews Dr Jeremy Salt from GALVmed to get his take on the impact of FMD, answering the following key questions:
- Which countries have felt the impact of FMD?
- How significant are outbreaks of FMD compared to other animal diseases such as Avian Flu & African Swine Fever?
- What types of vaccines are commercially available for FMD?
- What are the characteristics required of an ideal FMD vaccine?
- How likely is it that an ideal FMD vaccine will be produced, and what barriers to use would it have?
A full feature length podcast on the topic of FMD is available, including interviews with companies such as Agresults, Biogenesis, BVI and Boehringer.
- Digital agriculture - traversing the intrinsic vs novelty value of emerging technologies
- Podcast: Covid-19 Update (28 May)
- Article: COVID-19 will hit Indian sugar and ethanol sector
- Article: Milk collection increases among Brazil’s largest companies
- Article: EU-UK trade negotiations - both parties need to listen to one another
- Article: Food and Ag Policy Briefing 25 May
- Special Report: How animal care industry leaders are working to drive growth
- Podcast: Covid-19 Update (26 May)
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Week Ahead Economic Preview: Week of 25 May 2020 The week ahead sees a fresh estimate of US GDP in the first quart… https://t.co/Pg71N4803t