Podcast: The Global Impact of Foot and Mouth Disease
Animal Health analyst Joseph Harvey recently travelled to the Food and Agriculture Organisation's (FAO's) headquarters in Rome, where he got the opportunity to explore the topic of foot and mouth disease (FMD). .
In our latest podcast, he interviews Dr Jeremy Salt from GALVmed to get his take on the impact of FMD, answering the following key questions:
- Which countries have felt the impact of FMD?
- How significant are outbreaks of FMD compared to other animal diseases such as Avian Flu & African Swine Fever?
- What types of vaccines are commercially available for FMD?
- What are the characteristics required of an ideal FMD vaccine?
- How likely is it that an ideal FMD vaccine will be produced, and what barriers to use would it have?
A full feature length podcast on the topic of FMD is available, including interviews with companies such as Agresults, Biogenesis, BVI and Boehringer.
- Webcast: Rising Input Costs and Breakeven for US Hogs
- Possible winners and losers in the volatile apple juice market
- Agri-food giants demand EU rejects restrictions on labelling dairy alternatives
- Sen. Boozman predicts chamber will ‘get a lot of good things done’ on ag policy in 2021
- Webcast: Expectations from Washington DC on A Trade and Policy Landscape
- Outlook 2021: A critical year for the European Commission’s plan for a sustainable food system
- OUTLOOK 2021: Assessing the Washington policy landscape
- Webcast: January WASDE Report Expectations from IHS Markit Food and Agricultural Commodities