Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
The month of July saw the development of several pre-existing but important battery-specific trends including the unprecedented crunch in Chinese car sales, the continued roll out of grid scale energy storage projects and legislature in Western markets, as well as the deterioration of trade relations between battery giants Japan and South Korea - all of which continue to shape the maturing landscape of the energy storage sector, key to lithium chemical demand. It has also been a busy month on the supplier side as producers shift expansions plans further out awaiting forecast demand to materialize.
In this podcast, we cover:
Demand and Supply Trends
The IHS Markit Global Lithium and Battery Materials Service is an integrated solution for the lithium and battery materials industry and associated downstream applications based on our world leading coverage of energy, chemicals, and the automotive sectors. The Lithium and Battery Materials monthly market analysis includes supply/demand balances, price indices, global trade outlooks, forecasts, and insight into the current market situation.
- Plastic waste management: Overview of major steps taken globally
- Display Technologies to determine consumption of display materials in the medium term
- Top disruptors that can transform specialty chemicals
- Biodegradable Polymers: Contributing to a Sustainable Future
- Global propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale