Petrochemical industry adapting to a new normal
Plastic is a versatile material used in multiple applications
but needs to manage negative aspects. Sustainability initiatives in
chemicals extends from the need to address end of life management
of plastics to multiple examples of the benefits of chemicals,
including food usage, clean water, and clean energy.
The global plastics market continues to grow, increasing risk for environmental impact. Stakeholders want to transform plastic economy from linear to circular but lack of scaled technology and inadequate infrastructure impedes progress.
IHS Markit "Changing Course: Plastics, Carbon and the Transition to Circularity" is a comprehensive review of how the plastics value chain is expected to transition from a linear to a circular economy, accounting for changing policy and regulations, greenhouse gas (GHG) pathway and the impact on future capital investments.
How will this transition evolve and what is the impact on your business?
Reconfigure your strategy around the risk and
- Ethane potential in Chinese LNG imports
- Ethylene Market Outlook Considering the Impact of COVID-19
- The biocides market in the times of Coronavirus
- Latin America’s petrochemical industry: Unexpected changes resulting from COVID-19 and lower crude oil prices
- Chemical recycling of plastics waste – A new business opportunity in the Arabian Gulf
- COVID-19 Impact on Soda Ash Market
- Life Cycle Analysis- a Process Based Methodology
- Building business value in a new world order