BASF slashes forecast on poor November results https://t.co/CQcRJJLo7R
OxyChem earnings up 30% YOY on price and volume
Occidental Petroleum (Oxy; Houston) reports fourth-quarter pre-tax earnings in its chemical segment, OxyChem, of $152 million, up 30% year-over-year (YOY). Oxy attributes the result to higher prices for caustic soda and vinyls and higher sales volumes for chlorine and vinyls, partially offset by higher ethylene and energy prices. Earnings in the year-ago quarter, excluding a one-time impairment charge of $121 million, totaled $117 million.
Pre-tax earnings in Oxy's oil and gas segment totaled $17 million, while the midstream and marketing segment turned in a loss of $48 million.
- BASF slashes forecast on poor November results
- China's CNPC breaks ground on $9.5-billion refinery, petchem complex
- Global trade wars: implications for refined products and chemicals
- Infrastructure developments and midstream opportunities
- Climate change regulations: coming soon to an industry near you?
- The new world of mobility—and what it means for Middle Eastern demand
- Lithium Market Evolution
- Global Plastics Recycling