Petrochemical industry earnings in 2019 reflect a slower pace of global growth. Read more about the impact & then l… https://t.co/7BqqgwqGLA
OxyChem earnings up 30% YOY on price and volume
Occidental Petroleum (Oxy; Houston) reports fourth-quarter pre-tax earnings in its chemical segment, OxyChem, of $152 million, up 30% year-over-year (YOY). Oxy attributes the result to higher prices for caustic soda and vinyls and higher sales volumes for chlorine and vinyls, partially offset by higher ethylene and energy prices. Earnings in the year-ago quarter, excluding a one-time impairment charge of $121 million, totaled $117 million.
Pre-tax earnings in Oxy's oil and gas segment totaled $17 million, while the midstream and marketing segment turned in a loss of $48 million.
- Saudi Aramco: the company to watch
- Podcast: December Lithium Market Outlook
- Video: With the right chemical strategy, you are still in the game.
- Styrene: The calm before the storm
- Podcast: November Lithium Market Outlook
- Key Strategic Issues Impacting the Global Ethylene Markets
- Video: Chemical Strategic Vision for 2020 and Beyond
- Beyond soybeans: The ripple effect of US-China trade tariffs on agribusiness