K 2019: Borealis to use renewable propane in PP facilities in Belgium https://t.co/0ov2wrbmhS
OxyChem earnings up 30% YOY on price and volume
Occidental Petroleum (Oxy; Houston) reports fourth-quarter pre-tax earnings in its chemical segment, OxyChem, of $152 million, up 30% year-over-year (YOY). Oxy attributes the result to higher prices for caustic soda and vinyls and higher sales volumes for chlorine and vinyls, partially offset by higher ethylene and energy prices. Earnings in the year-ago quarter, excluding a one-time impairment charge of $121 million, totaled $117 million.
Pre-tax earnings in Oxy's oil and gas segment totaled $17 million, while the midstream and marketing segment turned in a loss of $48 million.
- Polyolefins: Impact of trade war on the world’s most common plastics
- Global Benzene Markets: Current margin recovery is sustainable or short lived?
- Podcast: September Lithium Market Outlook
- Specialty Chemicals Market Overview
- Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Case Study Infographic on European M&A targets in specialty chemicals: The new silk road https://t.co/LhoMkpekjV