OCI NV and the Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (Adnoc) today announced plans to merge their respective fertilizer operat… https://t.co/uJ2vo2AGQA
OxyChem earnings up 30% YOY on price and volume
Occidental Petroleum (Oxy; Houston) reports fourth-quarter pre-tax earnings in its chemical segment, OxyChem, of $152 million, up 30% year-over-year (YOY). Oxy attributes the result to higher prices for caustic soda and vinyls and higher sales volumes for chlorine and vinyls, partially offset by higher ethylene and energy prices. Earnings in the year-ago quarter, excluding a one-time impairment charge of $121 million, totaled $117 million.
Pre-tax earnings in Oxy's oil and gas segment totaled $17 million, while the midstream and marketing segment turned in a loss of $48 million.
- Video: Growth of the Fertilizer Industry
- Video: Growth of the Hydrogen Market
- IHS Markit Company Strategies and Performance Earnings Podcast
- Video: Growth in the Global Aromatics Market
- Sinopec signs agreement to take stake in Amur petchems project in Russia
- BASF launches sale process for construction chemical business
- Video: Hot Topics in the Global Methanol Market
- Video: Global Flavors and Fragrances Market