IHS Markit, estimating that global demand for batteries hit 154 GWh in 2018, including rechargeable batteries used… https://t.co/3yLOFkWCYN
OxyChem earnings up 30% YOY on price and volume
Occidental Petroleum (Oxy; Houston) reports fourth-quarter pre-tax earnings in its chemical segment, OxyChem, of $152 million, up 30% year-over-year (YOY). Oxy attributes the result to higher prices for caustic soda and vinyls and higher sales volumes for chlorine and vinyls, partially offset by higher ethylene and energy prices. Earnings in the year-ago quarter, excluding a one-time impairment charge of $121 million, totaled $117 million.
Pre-tax earnings in Oxy's oil and gas segment totaled $17 million, while the midstream and marketing segment turned in a loss of $48 million.
- US-China trade dispute – implications for the global natural gas liquids market
- Global Methanol Strategic Issues 2019
- Global Polyolefins 2019 Strategic Issues
- Aromatics and Fibers 2019 Strategic Issues
- The rule of three - The United States, Russia and Saudi Arabia, are the oil superpowers supplanting OPEC in a new world order
- ExxonMobil outlines Guangdong derivative plans
- Flavor and Fragrances Industry
- Global basic chemicals outlook
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
PPG reported 1st qtr net income down 7% YOY, to $312MM on sales down 4%, to $3.62B. Volumes were down 3% with about… https://t.co/EV0etBog4l
Sustainability dominated discussion at this year’s ACC Responsible Care & Sustainability Conference, as participant… https://t.co/Gkv1SJpchh