Oxiteno appoints US COO, opens commercial office in Houston
Oxiteno (Sao Paolo, Brazil) says it has named Timothy Earl Madden COO of Oxiteno USA, a new position created to manage the company's plans for growth in the United States. Oxiteno is also opening a commercial office in Houston.
Timothy Earl Madden, COO of Oxiteno USA,
In November 2015, Oxiteno announced that it would build a $113 million, 170,000-metric ton/year alkoxylation unit at its site in Pasadena, Texas, which was acquired in 2012. The company expects the unit to begin operation in late 2017. Oxiteno has also opened an R&D center in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in partnership with the University of Southern Mississippi.
Madden has held leadership positions at Lubrizol, Noveon, BFGoodrich, and Dow, says Oxiteno.
"With the new plant and lab facilities and our market-based approach, we needed to put in place a senior-level leader to allow for faster decision-making and to consolidate all the investments we are making into a unified effort," says Joao Parolin, Oxiteno CEO.
- Polyolefins: Impact of trade war on the world’s most common plastics
- Global Benzene Markets: Current margin recovery is sustainable or short lived?
- Podcast: September Lithium Market Outlook
- Specialty Chemicals Market Overview
- Specialty chemicals: Enablers of sustainable development
- Podcast: August Lithium Market Outlook
- Impact of the US-China trade war on the MDI market
- MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track