IHS Markit, estimating that global demand for batteries hit 154 GWh in 2018, including rechargeable batteries used… https://t.co/3yLOFkWCYN
Oxiteno appoints US COO, opens commercial office in Houston
Oxiteno (Sao Paolo, Brazil) says it has named Timothy Earl Madden COO of Oxiteno USA, a new position created to manage the company's plans for growth in the United States. Oxiteno is also opening a commercial office in Houston.
Timothy Earl Madden, COO of Oxiteno USA,
In November 2015, Oxiteno announced that it would build a $113 million, 170,000-metric ton/year alkoxylation unit at its site in Pasadena, Texas, which was acquired in 2012. The company expects the unit to begin operation in late 2017. Oxiteno has also opened an R&D center in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in partnership with the University of Southern Mississippi.
Madden has held leadership positions at Lubrizol, Noveon, BFGoodrich, and Dow, says Oxiteno.
"With the new plant and lab facilities and our market-based approach, we needed to put in place a senior-level leader to allow for faster decision-making and to consolidate all the investments we are making into a unified effort," says Joao Parolin, Oxiteno CEO.
- US-China trade dispute – implications for the global natural gas liquids market
- Global Methanol Strategic Issues 2019
- Global Polyolefins 2019 Strategic Issues
- Aromatics and Fibers 2019 Strategic Issues
- The rule of three - The United States, Russia and Saudi Arabia, are the oil superpowers supplanting OPEC in a new world order
- ExxonMobil outlines Guangdong derivative plans
- Flavor and Fragrances Industry
- Global basic chemicals outlook
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
PPG reported 1st qtr net income down 7% YOY, to $312MM on sales down 4%, to $3.62B. Volumes were down 3% with about… https://t.co/EV0etBog4l
Sustainability dominated discussion at this year’s ACC Responsible Care & Sustainability Conference, as participant… https://t.co/Gkv1SJpchh