Petrochemical industry earnings in 2019 reflect a slower pace of global growth. Read more about the impact & then l… https://t.co/7BqqgwqGLA
Oxiteno appoints US COO, opens commercial office in Houston
Oxiteno (Sao Paolo, Brazil) says it has named Timothy Earl Madden COO of Oxiteno USA, a new position created to manage the company's plans for growth in the United States. Oxiteno is also opening a commercial office in Houston.
Timothy Earl Madden, COO of Oxiteno USA,
In November 2015, Oxiteno announced that it would build a $113 million, 170,000-metric ton/year alkoxylation unit at its site in Pasadena, Texas, which was acquired in 2012. The company expects the unit to begin operation in late 2017. Oxiteno has also opened an R&D center in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in partnership with the University of Southern Mississippi.
Madden has held leadership positions at Lubrizol, Noveon, BFGoodrich, and Dow, says Oxiteno.
"With the new plant and lab facilities and our market-based approach, we needed to put in place a senior-level leader to allow for faster decision-making and to consolidate all the investments we are making into a unified effort," says Joao Parolin, Oxiteno CEO.
- Saudi Aramco: the company to watch
- Podcast: December Lithium Market Outlook
- Video: With the right chemical strategy, you are still in the game.
- Styrene: The calm before the storm
- Podcast: November Lithium Market Outlook
- Key Strategic Issues Impacting the Global Ethylene Markets
- Video: Chemical Strategic Vision for 2020 and Beyond
- Beyond soybeans: The ripple effect of US-China trade tariffs on agribusiness