Opportunities and challenges in the Perth Basin
The Perth Basin in southwest Australia offers offshore and onshore opportunities, with a range of farm-in prospects available. Established offshore infrastructure could make further development of subsequent offshore finds easier. The basin's close proximity to the city of Perth also creates an easy domestic offtake option when compared to the only other onshore producing basin in Western Australia, the remote Canning Basin to the north. However, a recent government-imposed fracking ban in the southern Perth Basin, and a moratorium throughout the northern extent, has the potential to depress the already very low exploration levels as well as test government-operator relationships. Will non-geological factors stifle development of the Perth Basin or will someone harness the power of the next possible frontier?
The Perth Basin - What do we know and what's to learn?
- The Vaca Muerta Play: Gaining competitive economics through operational efficiencies
- Hydrogen as an Energy Carrier: Can China accelerate the path down the learning curve?
- Southeast Asia/far east jackup rig market update
- India’s city gas distribution (CGD) sector making headway: Brings tempo to downstream gas infrastructure business
- Ahead of its first upstream bid round, has Senegal tightened terms too far?
- Cambodia’s upcoming revision of its power development plan may include LNG-fired power plants
- Finding feedstocks in a quickening energy transition scenario
- Brazil and Mexico: Opposite political systems in 2018 and the outlook for the respective oil and gas industries