The new issuance market picked right back up where it left off before a slow 4 July week, as 27 deals priced (10… https://t.co/AVrrpbXU0E
One-Year Relative Score of the IHS Markit Five-Year European Sovereign CDS Spreads: April 12, 2019
The following heat map shows IHS Markit's Relative CDS Score as of April 12, 2019 - compared to the past year's daily closing levels - for the IHS Markit five-year European Sovereign CDS spreads. Zero (green) indicates current spreads being at their tightest level, and 100 (red) indicates the widest level during the past 12 months.
Observations of note:
- Portugal's Five-year sovereign CDS spreads closed at 68bps on April 12, 2019, which is a significant improvement since the widest level over the past year of 143bps on May 29, 2018.
- Russia's CDS spreads at 133bps are also much tighter than the 180bps 12 month peak reported on September 10, 2018.
IHS Markit provides independent pricing of CDS single names, indices, tranches and options to support price discovery, risk management, compliance, research and valuations. Our CDS pricing service is driven by contributed CDS data from market makers' official books of record, live quotes and clearing submissions and results. All data is processed using rigorous automated cleaning tests in all our services to ensure data quality. Learn more.
- Excess capital in 2019 stress tests allow banks to hit dividend payout targets
- How to avoid a data management headache post M&A
- IHS Markit Letter to Hong Kong Authorities on UTIs and Unmasking
- Recap of the Inside ETFs Summit: Index Construction and Evolving Best Practices
- Will index rule changes affect how European credit trades vs North America?
- IHS Markit Responds to ECB Market Consultation on EDDI
- NIRI Annual Conference 2019 - Survey Findings
- How are investment managers making ESG decisions?