On your marks: nominations open for Jane’s ATC Awards 2019
Jane's is proud to announce that it will again hold its industry-leading Air Traffic Control (ATC) Awards ceremony on the first day of World ATM Congress in 2019.
Held annually since 2001, the ATC Awards are a unique opportunity for the airspace management community to recognise major achievements in boosting capacity, safety, and efficiency - on the ground as well as in the air - as well as efforts to improve environmental performance.
Entries are free of charge and open to organisations in all areas of the global ATC sector, be they national air navigation service providers, large-scale industry partnerships, or new entrants to the sector.
The deadline for nominations is 10 December 2018. An independent panel of expert judges will assess the entries before shortlisting them into the following five categories mentioned below.
Jane's will reveal the shortlisted nominations in January, before the winners are announced on 12 March 2019 during the World ATM Congress in Madrid.
ATC Awards 2019 - The Categories
Enabling Technology: for contributions to enhanced capacity and safety
Environment: to recognise work on green ATM concepts
Technology: for small enterprises that have raised ATM performance
Service Provision: for contributions to safe and efficient airspace management
Runway: for safety and efficiency on the runway and final approach.
The 2018 Winners
Enabling Technology Award: University of Bologna and project partners
Environment Award: DSNA in partnership with Eurocontrol
Service Provision Award: Nav Canada
Runway Award: Searidge Technologies and HungaroControl
Technology Award: Inmarsat Aviation
You can nominate your own organisation/company or a third party.
Nominations are limited to one per organisation, although you can be named as a partner in other entries.
The judges award points for the following:
• An improvement in safety, capacity, and efficiency that is quantified
• A customer assessment of the performance of a product or service
• A new concept that delivers measurable benefit
• Activity which goes beyond the scope of normal operations by an organisation or individual
• Collaborative activity that results in cost savings, sharing best practice, and improving safety
• Innovation in any area of air traffic control
Email email@example.com to request a nomination form or enquire for more information about the ATC Awards.
Completed forms can be sent to the same email address, or posted to Jane's Airport Review, 163 Brighton Road, Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 2YH, United Kingdom.
We will also send out reminders on Twitter, so remember to join the Jane's Airport feed @JanesAirport
Posted 12 July 2018 by Ben Vogel, Editor, IHS Jane's Airport Review
- South African defence technology remains in focus despite budget bottoming out
- Gulf States’ Defence Spending to Hit Record High
- Software-defined radios point way for simpler direction finding
- Construction at North Korean missile base underlines operational focus
- From Tempest to Gripen E – Jane’s coverage of Farnborough 2018
- President Trump signs the US FY19 National Defense Authorization Act
- Indicators track Iranian threat to Strait of Hormuz shipping
- Social media provides insights into Indonesian militancy