The last trading day of one of the most volatile quarters in both the debt and equity markets on record was incongr… https://t.co/wim2PBrDrc
Oil & Gas dividend revisions
The oil-price collapse, as a result of the growing Covid-19 outbreak and the ensuing price war between OPEC+ members, has wiped out tens of billions of dollars in energy-company stock market value in the last weeks. This calls into question oil & gas companies' ability to sustain dividends, considering their financial flexibility and the debt owed to bondholders and banks in the coming years
As such, given this current environment we have reviewed forecasts for oil & gas companies globally and cut dividends for names underpinned by indicators such as Net Debt/EBITDA, Dividend Yield and debt maturing through FY22, signaling dividend sustainability risk.
We will continue monitoring our forecasts across the oil & gas sector, given the uncertainty presented by depressed oil prices and the Covid-19 situation globally.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 31 March 2020
- Investor and Issuer Engagement in Uncertain Times - Part 3
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 30 March 2020
- Stocks enjoy a breath of fresh air
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 27 March 2020
- IHS Markit Daily Global Market Summary - 26 March 2020
- All Focus on Flattening the AGM and COVID Curve
- Diagnosing factor performance during epidemics
Brittany Garland from IHS Markit addresses the onboarding challenges that industry participants are facing. Watch… https://t.co/9lkidyrAxu
US stocks emerged out of the shortest bear market in history last week with three consecutive days of gains. Given… https://t.co/zqEyB7QnBz