October 2021 Model Performance Report
Research Signals - October 2021
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe, the Historical Growth model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 2.33%, while the Value Momentum model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe, our Deep Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 5.37%, while the Earnings Momentum model lagged.
- Developed Europe: Over the Developed Europe universe, our Price Momentum model returned 5.76% on a one month decile return spread basis, while Value Momentum lagged.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Price Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 0.75%, while the Earnings Momentum model lagged. The Value Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 18.51%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe, our Value Momentum model returned 1.45% on one month quintile return spread basis, while Price Momentum lagged. The Earnings Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is still the highest for the EM universe at 8.59%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model returned 3.30%. The Industrials sector had a favorable ranking and the Financials sector had an unfavorable ranking. The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model struggled with a return of -3.90%. The Telecom sector had a favorable ranking and the Energy sector had an unfavorable ranking. The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model struggled during the month. The Industrials sector had a favorable ranking and the Energy sector had an unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library, the Insurance model had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 4.77%, while the Technology model struggled. The Insurance model's one year cumulative performance is the highest at 22.53% while the Oil and Gas model's performance is the lowest at -8.9%.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Inflating market uncertainty
- Portfolio risk management is evolving – how can your tech stack keep up?
- Australia dividends through the macroeconomy lens
- iBoxx GBP Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx EUR Index Monthly Commentary
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: May 2022
- iBoxx USD Asia ex-Japan Monthly Update: May 2022
Join our webinar on Thursday, 19 May as we explore the impact of sustained inflation on dividend payments in 2022… https://t.co/jUwPoVmJFw
Join our webinar next week in partnership with Supply Management Insider as the industry experts unveil the necessa… https://t.co/iibJIqHM00