Are you interested in the key trends impacting LPs in 2021? Our own Charles Silva discusses data, managed services… https://t.co/EvCi6AQEGc
October 2020 Model Performance Report
Research Signals - October 2020
- US: Our models over the US Large Cap universe struggled during the month. Over the US Small Cap universe, our Deep Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 8.32%, while the Price Momentum model was the only one that was negative.
- Developed Europe: Over the Developed Europe universe, our Price Momentum model returned 1.49% on a one month decile return spread basis, while the Deep Value model trailed.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Relative Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 1.78%, while the Price Momentum model lagged. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 10.04%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe, our Earnings Momentum model returned 1.58% on one month decile return spread basis. The Earnings Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is the highest for the EM universe at 13.41%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model returned -1.90%.The Cyclicals sector had a favorable ranking and the Utilities sector had an unfavorable ranking.The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model returned 1.30%. The Cyclicals sector had a favorable ranking and the Utilities sector had an unfavorable ranking.The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model struggled during the month.The Utilities sector had a favorable ranking and the Energy sector had an unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Insurance model was flat, returning 0.00% for the month,while the Bank and Thrift 2 and the Retail models lagged. The Insurance model's one year cumulative performance is the highest at 23.33% while the Technology model's performance is the lowest at -34.16%.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Daily Global Market Summary - 23 February 2021
- Three Key Trends Impacting LPs in 2021
- The Quiet Revolution: A Decade of Transformation in Leveraged Loans
- Daily Global Market Summary - 22 February 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 19 February 2021
- Factor food for thought
- Daily Global Market Summary - 18 February 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 17 February 2021
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) will change market risk management in January 2023. Are you ready… https://t.co/NRIFei6lLg
For 2021, we are predicting a 6.5% rise in global dividend payouts. Read our latest Dividends Insights Report for m… https://t.co/k5brf7NNkM