October 2018 Model Performance Report
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Value Momentum 2 model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance returning 2.28% during the month while the Historical Growth model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe our Relative Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 6.04%, while the Price Momentum model lagged.
- Developed Europe: Within the Developed Europe universe our Relative Value model was the top performer on a one month decile return spread basis, returning 1.20%, while the Price Momentum model trailed.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Deep Value and Relative Value models had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.02% and 6.32%, while the Earnings Momentum model lagged. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 13.68%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe our Price Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.39%. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance has improved to 26.90%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model struggled returning -6.50%.The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Basic Materials sector had an unfavorable ranking.The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model performed well returning 2.10%. The Utilities sector had a favorable ranking and the Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking.The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model struggled during the month returning -4.60%.The Energy sector had a favorable ranking and the Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Oil and Gas and the Technology models had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 7.48% and 5.78%, respectively, while the Retail and the REIT models struggled.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Section 871(m) Counterparty Reporting: IRS and Financial Institutions May be Underestimating Work Involved
- High Yield Energy Debt Running out of Gas
- Corporate Bond Pricing Recap for July 2019
- July 2019 Model Performance Report
- iBoxx TRS Comes of Age
- Machine learning for stock selection
- Mid-cycle adjustment to factor returns
- Forecast dividend yield basket outperforms
RT @IHSMarkitPMI: U.S business activity growth eased in August, amid a slower rise in service sector output. The Flash U.S PMI slipped to 5…
Anticipation of an economic slowdown and more market volatility has triggered an uptick in US HY energy issues’ ris… https://t.co/YFZFqJclAt