October 2018 Model Performance Report
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Value Momentum 2 model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance returning 2.28% during the month while the Historical Growth model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe our Relative Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 6.04%, while the Price Momentum model lagged.
- Developed Europe: Within the Developed Europe universe our Relative Value model was the top performer on a one month decile return spread basis, returning 1.20%, while the Price Momentum model trailed.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Deep Value and Relative Value models had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.02% and 6.32%, while the Earnings Momentum model lagged. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 13.68%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe our Price Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.39%. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance has improved to 26.90%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model struggled returning -6.50%.The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Basic Materials sector had an unfavorable ranking.The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model performed well returning 2.10%. The Utilities sector had a favorable ranking and the Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking.The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model struggled during the month returning -4.60%.The Energy sector had a favorable ranking and the Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Oil and Gas and the Technology models had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 7.48% and 5.78%, respectively, while the Retail and the REIT models struggled.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
- How banks can keep pace with XVA
- Using quotes to measure CRT MBS liquidity trends
- RiskTech100® 2019: Andrew Aziz discusses our recent FRTB award win
- Distressed Loan Settlement: A Time for Change
- Factor and style model performance: 2018 in review
- Investors Can Get Ahead of Cyber Risk – Here’s How
- A good start for credit - but will it last?
- Market downturn sparks debate on investment research spend, regardless of MiFID II’s payment rule.
Our private markets group will be exhibiting at next week's Asia Private Equity forum in Hong Kong. Click on the bu… https://t.co/ysrwN0GmuS