Machine learning has revolutionized a wide array of computationally intensive modelling tasks. Learn how we have ap… https://t.co/jM2UjvqhUT
November 2018 Model Performance Report
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Value Momentum 2 model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance returning 2.28% during the month while the Historical Growth model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe our Relative Value model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 6.04%, while the Price Momentum model lagged.
- Developed Europe: Within the Developed Europe universe our Relative Value model was the top performer on a one month decile return spread basis, returning 1.20%, while the Price Momentum model trailed.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Deep Value and Relative Value models had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.02% and 6.32%, while the Earnings Momentum model lagged. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 13.68%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe our Price Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.39%. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance has improved to 26.90%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model struggled returning -6.50%.The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Basic Materials sector had an unfavorable ranking.The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model performed well returning 2.10%. The Utilities sector had a favorable ranking and the Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking.The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model struggled during the month returning -4.60%.The Energy sector had a favorable ranking and the Cyclicals sector had an unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Oil and Gas and the Technology models had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 7.48% and 5.78%, respectively, while the Retail and the REIT models struggled.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Dipping into the DIPS. The growing importance of dividend derivatives
- Daily Global Market Summary - 24 June 2021
- Institutional ownership data: Quantitative research results
- Daily Global Market Summary - 23 June 2021
- IHS Markit Announces July Launch of Investor Relations Capital Access Platform
- 4 Best Practices to Reverse Rising Compliance Costs for Banks
- Daily Global Market Summary - 22 June 2021
- Daily Global Market Summary - 21 June 2021
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Read the recent blog post by our own Marjorie Chee where she shares best practices for reversing rising compliance… https://t.co/2h8GcT2v0V
Introducing the first edition of our Fixed Income In-Focus series where we examine global fixed income trends and a… https://t.co/gQUOcsOVcV