In private equity, fund managers are increasingly competing based on their sophistication in managing and analyzing… https://t.co/kU24iHlw3V
Not all value stocks are valued the same
Research Signals - December 2021
At the conclusion of the two-day policy meeting ending 15 December, the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC), as widely expected, stated that it will accelerate the taper of its bond purchases and anticipates raising the federals funds rate target around mid-2022. Throughout 2021, the value/growth cycle has reacted to the trend in yields as equity and bond markets priced in developing inflation and economic growth expectations. As value stocks stage a comeback in this anticipated increasing rate environment, we take a closer look at the traditional value sectors and find nuances between cyclical and defensive value stocks.
- Cyclical Energy and Financials sectors have outstripped the market and further outpaced defensive Healthcare, Consumer Staples and Utilities sectors to date in 2021
- During the recent expansion in corporations' stock buyback programs since early 2020, the steadier pace of share repurchases by cyclical value sectors has provided a tailwind heading into 2021
- Defensive value sectors have seen a higher drag from negative revisions and greater uncertainty in current fiscal year earnings estimates
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Japan IFRS Adoption, Opportunity or Cost for Private Equity Fund Managers?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 26 January 2022
- IHS Markit Partners with METACO to Provide a Unified Post-Trade Processing Solution for Digital and Traditional Assets
- Biden finalizes his bank regulatory nominees, setting the stage for a robust enforcement agenda in 2022 and beyond
- Private equity prepares for a “bigger data” future
- Daily Global Market Summary - 25 January 2022
- IHS Markit partners with Alpha Financial Software to deliver automated US MBS clearance and settlement through thinkFolio
- Municipal Calendar Week of January 24th 2022
We have partnered with METACO to provide a unified post-trade processing solution addressing market demand for flex… https://t.co/L8XcoF4mE1
Biden nominates assertive regulator for key Federal Reserve post. Read the latest article by our own Adam Goldberg… https://t.co/FCj7ckKUxD