We've published a heat map analysis of the one-year relative score for out Five-Year European Sovereign CDS Spreads… https://t.co/XgwZTspriF
Negotiating the value trade
Research Signals - July 2018
Trade tensions between the world's two largest economies have weighed on sentiment across global equity markets for several months and continue to drive markets, as valuation and securities lending indicators were strong performing signals across most of our coverage universes, while price momentum lagged (Table 1). In the meantime, investors hope for positive trade negotiations and carefully watch for the impact on relatively strong earnings and PMI data across US and European markets, as global manufacturing slowed again in July, with the J.P. Morgan Global Manufacturing PMI™ posting its lowest reading for one year.
- US: Investors shied away from high risk names measured by 24-Month Value at Risk, while small caps underperformed, particularly the microcaps, as confirmed by Natural Logarithm of Market Capitalization
- Developed Europe: Small caps also underperformed in European markets, along with overvalued names captured by Industry Relative Leading 4-QTRs EPS to Price
- Developed Pacific: Book-to-Market was a highly rewarded indicator, especially in Japan which experienced a 15.9 percentage point swing in spread performance since May
- Emerging markets: TTM EBITDA-to-Enterprise Value and Demand Supply Ratio were positive signals, while Rational Decay Alpha spread performance was negative
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
- Municipal Bonds - April 2019 Highlights
- Q1 Securities Finance Quarterly Review
- Distressed Loan Settlement: New Thinking and Technology for Inventory Management and Upstream Review
- Exploring ESG Trends in the APAC Markets
- One-Year Relative Score of the IHS Markit Five-Year European Sovereign CDS Spreads: April 12, 2019
- SOFR: Q1 Quarter-End Spike?
- Distressed Loan Settlement: The PSA solution
- FRTB: Is time still on your side?