Navigating Choppy Waters IMO Study, Final Findings
IHS Markit started the analysis for Navigating Choppy Waters - a multiclient study on marine bunker fuel in a low sulfur, low carbon world in June 2018, to assess the impact of the International Maritime Organization (IMO)'s plan to reduce the sulfur content of marine bunker fuel, from 3.5% to 0.5% as of January 2020. The following key themes have emerged in our final findings:
- Underdog to Champion: Unlock the presalt potential
- The Vaca Muerta Play: Gaining competitive economics through operational efficiencies
- Hydrogen as an Energy Carrier: Can China accelerate the path down the learning curve?
- Southeast Asia/far east jackup rig market update
- India’s city gas distribution (CGD) sector making headway: Brings tempo to downstream gas infrastructure business
- Ahead of its first upstream bid round, has Senegal tightened terms too far?
- Cambodia’s upcoming revision of its power development plan may include LNG-fired power plants
- Finding feedstocks in a quickening energy transition scenario