Muni monthly summary - November 2019
In this month's blog we review how low interest rates have been a big factor in fueling an increase in Taxable muni issuances for refunding Tax Exempt Muni bonds.
- Low interest rates help muni issuers in refund higher coupon tax exempt bonds with proceeds of lower coupon taxable bonds
- There were more than 200 taxable issues in November 2019 totaling more than $11.75 billion of which there were 140 refunding deals for more than $8.75 billion
- The education sector led taxable issuances with 93 deals of which 67 were refunding deals
Top 5 states by number of deals were
Top 5 states by number of par size issued for refunding were
Top 5 states by number of refunding deals were
Top 5 states by par size issued for refunding were
Projected savings for issuers of some of the refunding deal in November 2019
Older issue being refunded
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- US dividends to hit record high in 2020
- iBoxx Liquid Leveraged Loan TRS Reaches Record Volume
- LNG JKM Option Pricing - IHS Markit's Totem - Another First
- Seven key dividend forecasts for 2020
- Is BB the place to be?
- IHS Markit Fair Value Case Study
- De-risking corporate actions processing: getting the right mix of expertise and technology
- IRS Finalizes Rules on Foreign TIN Requirements and More in Year-End Regulatory Release
December delivered pedestrian IPO performance, yielding 6 debuts for proceeds of $3.1B. The highly anticipated XP I… https://t.co/85lTfDIDgJ