Most watched car ads of 2011
Autoweek just posted a list of the five most watched car ads of 2011. Of the five ads, four of them were for new vehicles: Kia Soul, Chrysler 200, Passat VW and the FIAT 500. The fifth one was for Bridgestone. I thought I would take a look at how these five most watched ads equated to new vehicle sales.
U.S. Light Vehicle October YTD Vehicle Registrations
Of the most watched ads, the Kia Soul was definitely the most memorable to me and also represented the highest annual new vehicle sales with 0.82% of total 2011 October YTD sales. I loved the throwback to the running man dance moves!
The 63 million page views of VW Passat's Darth Vader ad was much higher than my favorite dancing robots in the Kia Soul ad. Passat's sales trend for the year was the lowest of all the new vehicle ads with only 7,982 vehicles sold as of October 2011 YTD. It goes to show that there is so much more to automotive marketing than advertising.
What was your favorite new vehicle ad of 2011?
Posted by Margaret Zewatsky, Product Strategist, Polk (12.29.2011)
- Porsche ends diesel production
- EU passenger car registrations increase 7.1% y/y during January – ACEA
- Maven launches car-sharing service in Toronto
- Geely to invest USD5-bil. in setting up NEV production base in China
- Western European car sales start 2018 strongly with 5.6% y/y increase in January – forecast
- Staying ahead of the mobility curve
- Looking Beyond Sport Utilities, Pickups and Sedans to the Other Body Types
- New vehicle sales in South Korea grow 8.7% y/y in January