In the first week after Thanksgiving, two borrowers raised perpetual debt and several others obtained longer-dated… https://t.co/8qdQ087pwO
Monthly GDP Index from Macroeconomic Advisers by IHS Markit for November
Monthly GDP Index Rose 0.1% in November 2018
This release was originally scheduled for December 29, 2019 but was delayed as a result of the recent lapse in federal funding.
Monthly GDP rose 0.1% in November following a 0.4% increase in October that was revised up by 0.1 percentage point. In November, positive contributions from domestic final sales (largely PCE) and net exports (mainly a decline in imports) were nearly offset by a large, negative contribution from inventory investment. Monthly GDP in November was 1.8% above the third-quarter average at an annual rate. Implicit in our estimate of 2.2% GDP growth in the fourth quarter is a 0.4% (not annualized) increase of monthly GDP in December.
Macroeconomic Advisers by IHS Markit's index of Monthly GDP (MGDP) is a monthly indicator of real aggregate output that is conceptually consistent with real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the National Income and Product Accounts. The Monthly GDP Index is consistent with the NIPAs for two reasons: first, MGDP is calculated using much of the same underlying monthly source data that is used in the calculation of GDP. Second, the method of aggregation to arrive at MGDP is similar to that for official GDP. Growth of MGDP at the monthly frequency is determined primarily by movements in the underlying monthly source data, and growth of MGDP at the quarterly frequency is nearly identical to growth of real GDP.
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: The case builds for higher commodity prices
- Capital Markets Weekly: Liability extension and search for yield continue post-Thanksgiving
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: Commodity prices rise for a second week
- Capital Markets weekly: ICMA conference highlights complexity of ESG fund-labelling initiative
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: Commodities rise but without conviction
- Capital Markets Weekly: China successfully returns to dollar market in Thanksgiving-affected week
- Monthly GDP Index from Macroeconomic Advisers by IHS Markit for October
- Kenya data regulations
Brian Lawson provides some insights from the ICMA’s AMIC conference on 27 November. He looks at the EU’s efforts to… https://t.co/fT8NV67FDc