In the first week after Thanksgiving, two borrowers raised perpetual debt and several others obtained longer-dated… https://t.co/8qdQ087pwO
Monthly GDP Index from Macroeconomic Advisers by IHS Markit for December
Monthly GDP Index Rose 0.2% in December 2018
This release was originally scheduled for January 29, 2019 but was delayed as a result of the recent lapse in federal funding.
Monthly GDP rose 0.2% in December following an unrevised 0.1% increase in November. The December increase was more than accounted for by a jump in the pace of nonfarm inventory-building; monthly final sales declined in December, reflecting a sharp widening of the trade deficit. The level of GDP in December was 0.8% above the fourth-quarter average at an annual rate. Implicit in our latest tracking forecast of 1.2% GDP growth in the first quarter is a decline in monthly GDP in January followed by moderate growth over February and March.
Macroeconomic Advisers by IHS Markit's index of Monthly GDP (MGDP) is a monthly indicator of real aggregate output that is conceptually consistent with real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the National Income and Product Accounts. The Monthly GDP Index is consistent with the NIPAs for two reasons: first, MGDP is calculated using much of the same underlying monthly source data that is used in the calculation of GDP. Second, the method of aggregation to arrive at MGDP is similar to that for official GDP. Growth of MGDP at the monthly frequency is determined primarily by movements in the underlying monthly source data, and growth of MGDP at the quarterly frequency is nearly identical to growth of real GDP.
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: The case builds for higher commodity prices
- Capital Markets Weekly: Liability extension and search for yield continue post-Thanksgiving
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: Commodity prices rise for a second week
- Capital Markets weekly: ICMA conference highlights complexity of ESG fund-labelling initiative
- Weekly Pricing Pulse: Commodities rise but without conviction
- Capital Markets Weekly: China successfully returns to dollar market in Thanksgiving-affected week
- Monthly GDP Index from Macroeconomic Advisers by IHS Markit for October
- Kenya data regulations
Brian Lawson provides some insights from the ICMA’s AMIC conference on 27 November. He looks at the EU’s efforts to… https://t.co/fT8NV67FDc