Mobile and AI: what you need to know
As mobile innovations spread far beyond the smartphone, evolving technologies will propel mobile even more deeply into an ever-expanding universe of devices, experiences, apps, services and content.
In a white paper, the Technology group at IHS Markit shares insight into what lies ahead for the vast and continually exciting world of mobile, touching on six core areas that will have vital resonance in the days to come.
One of those areas is artificial intelligence (AI) and voice assistants, where vendors such as Google, Apple, Sony, Microsoft and Samsung have come up with their own offerings. IHS Markit projects that competition in AI-enabled smart speakers and voice assistants will intensify in late 2017 and 2018, with the global installed base for smart speakers projected to exceed 59 million units by 2020, up from 6 million in 2016.
All told, there are five important findings cited by the paper that will shape AI and voice assistance. Among these findings are:
- Opening up to third-party developers will drive momentum.
- Smart speaker prices will fall as assistant platforms extend reach to other devices.
- Privacy concerns, different user interfaces and cross-platform uses will impact innovation.
Find out what the two other AI findings are, and read about all six key mobile areas to watch in 2017.
Access our complimentary white paper to learn more.
IHS Technology Group at IHS Markit
Posted 24 February 2017
- Focus on two new Power & Energy reports: solid growth projected
- BluTV, leading player in Turkish TV streaming video, has big plans for the future
- How will you benefit from the IoT?
- Three top transformative technologies to watch in 2019
- CES 2019: What to expect
- TDDI solutions for smartphone displays to enjoy rapid market growth this year
- December 2018 Market Insights – Technology
- What’s in store for displays in 2019?
As consumers spend more time on their mobile devices, the demand for immediate content is greater than ever. Join… https://t.co/NIyo1fMduK