MMA and PMMA Getting Back on Track
Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) and Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
have experienced 2-3 years of supply constraints and historically
high prices. Today, we now see a shift to more stability and a
normalization in its markets. Newer technology also is present and
Automobile and Construction markets heavily dictate MMA and PMMA markets. Importantly, MMA and PMMA prove to be quite resilient.
What are the key market movements and the growth rate from 2018 - 2023?
IHS Markit Chemical Economic Handbook analyzes these two interconnected markets ( MMA & PMMA) and provides an in-depth five-year regional/global outlook; including capacity, production, consumption, trade, prices, trends, and end use applications.
We also provide a near-term outlook through the Global Acrylates and SAP Market Advisory Service which includes regional price data, margin analysis, production capacities and economics, supply-demand balances, and import-export flows.
- Worldwide propylene demand to continue outpacing supply
- Offshore wind installation energizes epoxy resins demand
- EU Single-Use Plastic Ban
- Waste Plastic Chemical Recycling via Pyrolysis - Small-Scale vs Large-Scale
- Specialty Chemicals forecast to grow 5% in 2021, 3.5% CAGR to 2026, after a 2.5% COVID-19 induced decline in 2020
- Nylon – Moving into a brave new world
- Four Key Groups to Lead Circular Plastics Transition
- Podcast: Petrochemicals and Refining Integration