Assessing vendor risk shouldn't be a chess match against vendors. Making them a partner will really deliver a check… https://t.co/qI4iRvESBI
Midyear factor review amid the COVID-19 pandemic
Research Signals - July 2020
While coronavirus-induced volatility plagued equity markets in March, we closely monitored daily factor and style model performance with weekly performance reviews of daily style exposures. Volatility has since settled down, though still in excess of levels at the start of the year. Given these unusual times, with the COVID-19 pandemic wreaking havoc from a health and financial perspective, we extend our review from both a macro and factor view during the first six months of this year.
- Large caps were favored over small caps through June, while the prolonged growth cycle over value strategies benefited further from a sharp bounce since March
- Price Momentum and Historical Growth factors, such as 24-Month Active Return with 1-Month Lag and 1-yr Change in Sales, respectively, were consistent outperformers, while Deep Value measures suffered, particularly those based on analyst estimates, with Leading 12 Month EBITDA/EV the weakest of the group
- The Historical Growth Model topped all other style models, though the Price Momentum model has been making a comeback since March, while the Deep Value Model sat at the opposite extreme
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- Reasons for optimism: is this the start of a new technology revolution?
- What Chess Can Teach Us About Assessing Vendor Risk
- Daily Global Market Summary - September 24, 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 23 September 2020
- Daily Global Market Summary - 22 September 2020
- What will CLO 3.0 look like?
- IBOR transition update: €STR has an August holiday?
- Daily Global Market Summary - 21 September 2020
Our Environmental Registry provides an essential tool for managing carbon, water and biodiversity credits. This mar… https://t.co/hN1FdiZjy6