Gain useful insights and manage risk during this period of market turmoil with Risk Bureau from IHS Markit. Registe… https://t.co/wjq4hQa2YO
May 2020 Model Performance Report
Research Signals - May 2020
- US: Within the US Large Cap universe the Historical Growth model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 7.56%, while the Deep Value model lagged. Over the US Small Cap universe our Earnings Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 8.92%, while the Deep Value model lagged. The performance of the Earnings Momentum model was driven by the performance of the long portfolio.
- Developed Europe: Within the Developed Europe universe our Price Momentum model was the top performer on a one month decile return spread basis, returning 3.82%, while the Deep Value model trailed.
- Developed Pacific: Over the Developed Pacific universe, the Price Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 1.62%, while the Value Momentum model lagged. The Price Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is currently 5.04%.
- Emerging Markets: Within the Emerging Markets universe our Price Momentum model had the strongest one month decile return spread performance, returning 0.21%, while the Deep Value model lagged. The Earnings Momentum model's one year cumulative performance is the highest for the EM universe at 15.12%.
- Sector Rotation: The US Large Cap Sector Rotation model returned 0.70%. The Tech sector had a favorable ranking and the Utilities sector had an unfavorable ranking. The US Small Cap Sector Rotation model performed well, returning 4.50%. The Non-Cyclicals sector had a favorable ranking and the Telecom sector had an unfavorable ranking. The Developed Europe Sector Rotation model returned 0.90%. The Healthcare sector had a favorable ranking and the Telecom sector had a unfavorable ranking.
- Specialty Models: Within our specialty model library the Oil and Gas and the Insurance models had the strongest one month quintile return spread performance returning 5.03% and 4.29%, respectively, while the Semiconductor and the Technology models struggled. The Insurance model's one year cumulative performance is the highest at 27.58% while the Technology model's performance is the lowest at -12.20%.
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software and technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation.
Follow Financial Services
- iBoxx ALBI Monthly Update: July 2020
- iBoxx SGD Monthly Update: July 2020
- IHS Markit and Hazeltree to Combine Datasets and Treasury Solutions, Delivering Alpha-Generating Investment Management
- June 2020 Model Performance Report
- Dodd-Frank rules eight years later: CFTC/NFA audits
- Daily Global Market Summary - 6 July 2020
- Momentum in Asia fights off a second wave of value in Europe and the US
- Securities Finance: H1 2020 Snapshot
Gain the inside track on the latest trends in the ETF industry as TrackInsight releases its 2020 survey findings fr… https://t.co/xRt6Sio1rc
As rules and regulations around Fair Market Value evolve globally, join us as we discuss how these changes affect… https://t.co/mbb1pDnLBC